Chapter Twenty-Six

Later, once night falls, at the high school, Cassandra, Alaric, Damon, Elena and Caroline are in Alaric's classroom, going through the plan to get Stefan all nice and secure and locked up. Cassandra sighs a little, they are one short but they don't have the time to wait on Tyler any longer. She and Elena share a look.

"So I'll lure Stefan away from the bonfire. Then when he's distracted..." Elena starts. Cassandra nods in agreement.

"I'll brain melt him" Cassandra continues. "Until he goes down"

"Can't Bonnie just ju-ju him or something?" Damon counters, he'd rather put Bonnie up against Stefan than risk Cassandra. She turns to him as Elena shoots him a look.

"We're trying to keep Bonnie out of this" Elena points out. "I don't trust that Stefan won't hurt her" Damon gives her a look.

"Yeah, but you don't mind putting your own sister"

"Cas is stronger than Bonnie" Elena argues quickly. "And this is her plan" Cassandra looks at Caroline.

"Caroline, are you covered?"

"Yes! I will make sure that the old Forbes jail cell is prepped and ready" Caroline assures Cassandra.

"We're forgetting a key player here. Rebekah? Wherever Stefan goes, the blonde ponytail tends to follow" Damon points out, Cassandra turns to him.

"Which is why it's your job to keep her away," She tells him.

"How? She's an Original. Last time I checked, we're out of daggers" He reminds her.

"So then preoccupy her with your charms" Cassandra offers and gives him a look.

"And you'd be okay with that?" Damon asks her.

"I'm not asking you to boff the maniac just....do that eye thing and the smirk thing..." She answers but doesn't really answer him. "It's fine" She adds but it is clear that this idea is making her uncomfortable. She went through a lot with Tyler. And it is still bothering her. Damon gives her a look and she shakes her head. She's not got an alternative idea. It has to be him. It's not about her trusting him, she does, it's her own issue. And she's not going to let that get in the way of the plan. Tyler walks into the classroom to join them.

"Sorry, I'm late. What's going on?" He asks them.

"We need you to raid your mom's vervain supply. Enough to keep Stefan down for a while" Cassandra answers.

"You can't do that to Stefan" Tyler argues, they all give him a weird look.

"Why not?" Caroline asks.

"Trust me, Tyler, it's in his best interest" Elena adds.

"Yeah. It's not in Klaus's"

"But Klaus is the bad guy, Tyler. You know, why are you acting like some freaky, hybrid, slave minion" Caroline scolds Tyler.

"Uh-oh" Damon looks suspiciously at Tyler.

"What?" Alaric asks Damon.

"Klaus made me who I am, Caroline. I owe him everything"

"Oh, boy" Damon whispers.

"Actually I made you" Cassandra points out. "You'd be dead if I'd not figured it out. My powers, Elena's blood....just saying"

"Okay, can we cool it on the commentary, please" Caroline argues.

"What is going on?" Elena asks.

"I'm just going to go" Tyler turns around and starts walking to the door. Damon and Cassandra share a look, she raises her hand and curls her fingers, red mist wraps around Tyler's neck, before it snaps and Tyler collapses.

"What are you doing?!" Caroline scolds Cassandra.

"He's been sired" Damon answers.

"What?" Alaric asks.

"Sired. He feels loyal to Klaus because Klaus's blood created him"

"Technically" Cassandra offers. "It was Elena's blood" She repeats and shrugs. "But whatever"

"Loyal how?" Elena asks.

"He'll seek acceptance from his master. It's really rare. But maybe not so much in hybrids" Damon explains.

"So how do I fix him?" Caroline asks.

"Get a new boyfriend" Damon answers with a shrug.

"One broken boyfriend at a time, people" Cassandra counters. "Let's deal with Stefan, and then we can worry about Tyler" Caroline sighs and nods in agreement. "Take him home" Cassandra adds. "We'll figure something else out for Stefan"

"Are you sure?" Caroline asks her, Cassandra nods.

"Yeah, just keep an eye on him" Cassandra assures her.

.......

Cassandra is one of the last of them left in the classroom after everyone else goes off to get changed or get ready for the bonfire. She's thinking. Plotting. Planning. Damon can read it on her face. She's rather devious actually when he thinks about it. On the spot, she came up with a way for them to appease Klaus and bought them time to plan out a way to get rid of him for good. She turns to leave but Damon takes her wrist to stop her, pulling her closer to him.

"Hey" He starts, she hums a little and looks at him. "Be careful" He whispers. She smirks a little and shifts closer to him.

"You don't have to worry about me"

"Of course I do" He argues. "You're my girlfriend and...." She smirks wider and raises an eyebrow at him.

"And?" She draws out when he doesn't finish. He hums a little and kisses her nose.

"I love you" He whispers and pulls back. She chuckles and wraps her arms around his neck.

"Yeah, well, love you too" She assures him, he nudges her nose and then pulls back.

"Be careful" He repeats and gives her a look.

"I will" She agrees, knows that he needs to know she's going to be careful, no matter how powerful she is, he is always going to worry about someone he cares about, someone he loves. He's always going to worry about her. After what happened with Klaus. He's terrified of losing her again, for real next time.

A/N - CAS' BONFIRE OUTFIT