Picking up the Pieces - Chapter 8

Clarks POV

I had just left Jon's room so I could talk to Lois and tell her that I was going to spend the night at Jonathan's room.

"Hey, how is Jordan?" I asked.

"He's doing okay, he feels guilty but I also can tell that he's nervous about having powers. He was shaking earlier and he thought he was a freak so I think I'm gonna stay with him tonight and make sure he's not alone in case he has a night terror." I sighed remembering how bad his night terrors would get. Until a few months ago he still got them occasionally but they were much better than before. He had them most nights but if he went to sleep feeling anxious or upset they were worse.

"Okay, I'll go say goodnight to him in a little bit."

"How's Jonathan?" She asked me.

"He's not doing well. He is trying to hide that he's in pain. I know that he's hurting but he doesn't want to admit it, at least not in front of me. It just makes me wonder how long or how many times he has tried to hide things like this from us." I sighed before I continued.

"I'm going to stay with Jonathan tonight to see if I can get him to talk to me. Plus the doctors said I should stay with him tonight in case he coughs up more blood in his sleep. " she just nodded.

"Come on, let's go get changed so we don't keep the boys up too late." We both went to our room and changed. When we were done She went to say goodnight to Jon, and I did the same with Jordan. I knocked on his door.

"Come in!" He yelled.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

"I'm okay, what about Jon is he doing okay." He asked nervously.

"He's fine, a little sore but nothing we can't handle," I said, giving him a small smile.

"Look, I know you and your brother have a lot of questions and I promise I will answer all of them tomorrow but I need you to know that I just wanted nothing more than for you guys to be safe, and I admit that I went about it the wrong way. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you or that I didn't think how having powers could have actually been affecting you." I said sitting by him on the bed.

"I know. I'm sorry too I was just so angry. I didn't mean what I said about you not being a good dad." He said, tearing up.

"Oh Jordan, I know and I'm sorry I wasn't honest with you before." I gave him one last big hug and a kiss on his head.

"Get some sleep okay Jordan" He just nodded at me.

Before going to Jonathan's room. I grabbed the medical bag from downstairs and an extra pillow and blanket. When I got back to the hallway where the rooms were, I saw Lois coming out of Jonathan's room. We said goodnight to each other and I kissed her goodnight.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too, Clark," she replied, giving me a loving smile.

***************************************************************************************

Jonathan's POV

After a few minutes I had gotten out of the bathroom, to see mom sitting on my bed.

"Hey mom." I said.

"Hey sweetie, how are you feeling?" She asked.

"Mom come on, I'm not a little kid anymore." I said, whining. I normally wouldn't care when she called me loving names like that, but It felt like she said that because she felt pity for me. She just laughed and motioned for me to sit beside her.