Sickness & Nightmares - Chapter 9

Clark's POV

Not long after Jon had been crying and said goodnight to me he fell asleep. I stayed up longer thinking about why he could be crying. I knew that with everything that's happened with Jordan, and me being gone so much it had affected him. I was not expecting this however.

He seemed like he was constantly worrying about everyone and if he continued to that he would wear himself out. Of course if he hadn't already. He also noticed that Jonathan always was composed and happy.

I couldn't remember the last time Jon had said he had a bad day or he showed any signs of having anything but a good day. He went to sleep worrying about his family before sleep consumed him.

A few hours later I woke up to Jonathan coughing and squirming in his sleep. I sighed. I turned on the lamp that was beside the bed.

"Jonathan" I whispered, running my hands through his hair. Jonathan stirred before waking up. As soon as he woke up he began coughing and he immediately put his arms around his ribs. I quickly got to his side helping him up. Jon had started to cough up blood again. I grabbed the trash bin and held it in front of his face, but I was too late he had already spit most of the blood up on the bed.

"I'm sorry" He kept repeating. He continued to cough, his hands never leaving his side.

"Shhh, don't worry it's not your fault." I soothed, holding the trash with one hand the other rubbing his back.

He vomited next, probably because of the taste of the blood. He continued to be sick for a few more minutes until he collapsed on my chest exhausted.

"Are you done, bud?" He just gave me a nod.

"Come on, let's go to the bathroom and get you new clothes." He was too tired to respond but he reluctantly got up, with me supporting him. We got into the bathroom and I helped him sit on the counter. He leaned his head on the wall as I went to his room and got the trash bin. I took the trash and cleaned it out before putting it back beside the bed. I picked out a new shirt for him and I changed the sheets using some of my powers to make the process go faster. When I got to Jon again he was falling asleep.

"Come on bud help me out here" I helped him change his shirt with minor issues. He then got off the counter and rinsed his mouth of all the blood and bile. He brushed his teeth and I helped him get back to bed.

We were about to go back to sleep when we heard Jordan scream. He was having a nightmare.

"Stay here I'm going to check on you brother." He was about to say something but I had already started to leave. I opened the door to see him crying and Lois trying to calm him down. I went and kneeled in front of him.

"Hey Jordan, look at me." He looked at me. I smiled at him.

"Your okay Jordan, your safe nothing is going to happen I'm not gonna let anything bad happen." I tried to soothe. He calmed down significantly but he was still panicking. Then I saw Jonathan coming into the room stumbling a little. I gave him a look for disobeying me, but he ignored me completely. His only focus being on Jordan. When he saw Jordan he walked faster before slowly sitting on the bed.

"Hey Jor, we're okay. I've got you. You're not alone and you're never going to be because you got me." Jordan just cried harder before launching himself at Jon. Jon didn't care about his ribs, he just hugged his brother harder back. Not caring about anything except comforting his brother. Jordan let go.

"I'm okay now. Thanks guys." He said, wiping his tears. He looked down, embarrassed for waking everyone up.

"Of course Jordan" Lois and I said.

"No problem bro." Jon said.

"Okay let's get some more sleep," Lois said. Me and Jon left the room, and went back to Jons.

"Are you okay, Jordan practically threw himself at you." I said chuckling softly but worry evident in my voice.

"Yah it didn't hurt too much and plus I knew I could get him to calm down a lot faster. No offense to you and mom but Jordan likes me more" He said with a smirk.

"I don't doubt that. But if you're sure you okay" I said giving him the benefit of the doubt.

"I am." He spoke very fast. I'm not sure if I should buy it, but I just ignored it for now and helped him get back to bed.

"Goodnight," He said.

"Goodnight Jon" I replied, turning off the lights before wrapping my arm around him again.

******************************************************************************

Short chapter because I'm really tired.

 I hope you guys enjoyed and please feel free to comment and leave any suggestions! I haven't heard any feedback yet :(

I love you guys so much! Remember you guys are loved and I appreciate all of you so much. 

Stay safe! </3

I'll probably post again tomorrow.