Injured - Chapter 25

Jonathan's POV

As soon as we get in the car Jordan starts to question me about Eliza.

"So are you guys back together? Why was she crying? Did Alex leave? Are you okay?" He started rambling. My dad had decided not to push me and instead try to get Jordan to stop.

"Hey Jordan how about we let your brother breathe okay?" He says to Jordan and then looks at me through the mirror.

"Uh- No it's okay. We're not back together. I gave her some news and she kinda- well she got emotional I guess. Alex left as soon as the game ended and I'm good." I said releasing a breath I didn't even know I was holding. Jordan just looked at me weird like he still had something to say but dad looked at him to leave it alone.

"Well that's good Jonathan it seems like you got the closure you needed. I'm also so proud, you guys played so well." Dad said happily.

"Yeah we really destroyed Metropolis today even with all the distractions," Jordan said. I just nodded.

"Yeah, that means that we just have to win a few more games and then we can go to the playoffs." I said excitedly.

"I know the coach told me. He also told me that there were some recruiters watching some of the Junior and Seniors play, but also asked about you." Dad said to me looking proudly. It's always been my dream to play football professionally. We didn't feel bad talking about this infront of Jordan because he's always had his heart set on a career in science.

"What! You're lying?" He just laughed at my reaction and shook his head. Jordan just hit my shoulder.

"Jon, that's amazing you already have recruiters attention as a Sophmore!" He said joining in with my dad. I was in shock. I mean I knew I played well but I didn't know I played that well.

"Coach even said that he had a recruiter from Chicago come to look at Trey but he also said he'd keep an eye on you for the next few years." Dad said. My jaw dropped; this seemed like a dream. I was literally speechless.

"I think you broke him," Jordan said teasingly. I was about to reply but we made it back to the hotel. We got all our bags and went back upstairs.

"Hey Jon, I want you to Ice your ribs when we get inside. I know that in the last touchdown when everybody tackled you, you took a big hit." He said while unlocking the door to the hotel room.

"I'm fine, dad, when are you going to stop hovering, I've taken hits before. Plus if anything you should be worried about Jordan. He took way more hits than I did." I said annoyed.

"Well first drop the attitude, second I'll never stop hovering. Plus you are more exposed to injuries because of the trauma from a few months ago, and I already asked Jordan but he healed already." He said. I just gave in and fell to my bed. My dad tossed me an ice pack and I put it on my ribs.

"So what do you guys want to watch-" Dad asks but gets interrupted by a phone call. He leaves for the bathroom and takes the phone call. In the meantime Jordan and I start fooling around and we start to play fight. We get interrupted by a cough behind us.

We both look to see dad giving us a sharp look saying to stop. We both just nervously laugh and get up sitting on two different beds.

"Okay there's a change of plans, your grandpa called and I have to go to the D.O.D Things there... are pretty messy so I'm probably going to be gone for the next few hours. Okay?" Dad asks. Jordan and I just nod.

"Okay, just stay here. I don't want any of you guys to leave, and I want you guys to be asleep by 1:00 okay we have a pretty long drive tomorrow." He says before hugging the both of us and leaving.