Escaping - Chapter 34

As I look at my 'brother' and I see him writhe in anger at the absence of his son an idea comes into my head. I quickly leave the scene and go back to my nephew.

I open the door that my nephew is behind. Allowing the small amount of light from the hallway illuminates the dark room. Ripping the blindfold, and ear plugs off of him startling him, I look at him with a smirk on my face.

"How would you like to go back home?" I ask, causing him to whimper.

Jonathan's POV

I whimper at the thought of being with my family again. I nod my head quickly. He just looks at me with a smirk before undoing my restraints. I try to focus and read his mind to see if this is another cruel joke but I can't get into his mind. He sees my confusion and just laughs.

"I've been ingesting the new synthesized kryptonite in hopes that you are unable to use your powers on me. Similar to the way that lead doesn't allow kryptonians to use their 'x-ray vision'." I just clench my jaw in response.

"This is what is going to happen. If you want to go home you are going to train more than you ever have, learn everything you can about every aspect of these powers, along with physical training. Then when I deem it appropriate you will be able to leave." Edge says. I grab a paper and a pen next to me before writing 'why'.

"Your father is desperate to find you, which means he will comply with any conditions." He says simply before leaving, showing that the conversation is over.

He comes back with a purple injection. He comes near me and despite every bone in my body wanting to run, I know better than to disobey him. Instead I put my head down and look away. He pierces my neck with the needle before pushing the substance in my body. I immediately feel my body burning but after a few minutes it begins to fade.

Once the effects have completely passed I notice that I don't feel weak anymore. The pain I was feeling before has dissipated .My throat also felt like it was healed. I look up to see Edge looking impressed before motioning me to come and follow him. I obey and he takes me to a room that looks like a gym, but before I see a mirror on the side of the wall. I stop when I see that I no longer look malnourished, all my cuts have healed, my face and body no longer look boney.

This is the first time I have seen myself since I've been here. I assumed I had gotten taller but looking now I was probably around 5'11 maybe about 5 inches taller than I was before. My shoulders were wider, my jawline and face features were more defined, my hair was matted and much darker than before. The reflection in the mirror was unrecognizable compared to the kid that was laughing so hard at football practice just 3 months ago.

Whatever the substance was made me look like a normal person despite the months of abuse. The only way of being able to know what I've been through is the hundreds of dark scars that littered every part of my body. I didn't have any more time to dwell on it as Edge grabbed my arm and pulled me harshly.

"Your days will consist of training physically and then mentally, starting today." He said before hitting me. I was unprepared but I assumed he wanted me to start blocking or fighting back. I quickly got up and tried to block his next hit, failing miserably. After a few minutes I was tired, but I was running off of anger. I wanted to hurt him so badly so I continued to despise my aching body before landing a successful punch to his stomach causing him to step back. It only made him angry, retaliating much harder, causing me to land on the floor with a bloody nose, but I was proud of myself.

********* Time Skip********************

"Make him see his family dying," Edge said, looking at me. While pointing to the man I had gotten accustomed to seeing in pain. I had put him that poor man through so much pain, I wouldn't do it again.