Secrets - Chapter 38

READ THIS!!!!!!!!! 

Jonathan and Jordan are Sophomores half way done with their 2nd semester in school ( 2-ish months before summer). They already turned 16, but it was during the month's Edge captured Jonathan so they never celebrated it because Jordan didn't want to. They stayed in Metropolis for about a week into their sophomore year before moving to Smallville. (They spent all of their freshman year in Metropolis.)

******************************************************************

Clark's POV

We're finally back from the mall, and Lois and I turn around to see the boys sleeping in the back. Lois takes a photo of them before we decide to wake them up to go inside. I wake up Jordan, while Lois goes to Jonathan.

"Come on bud." I say to Jordan while I shake his shoulder. He wakes up pretty fast and smiles at me before stretching. I look beside him to see Jonathan starting to wake up. Jordan gets out of the car and walks to the trunk with me to help with the bags inside. Jonathan tries to help but I stop him before he can.

"Jonathan, why don't you go inside and rest before dinner? I'll check on you later and we can change your bandages before dinner." I said to him, He looked really tired so he just nodded before going up to his room.

Jordan and I leave all the clothes in the living room for us to seperate through later tonight.

"Can we talk? Uh- just the three of us?" Jordan asked nervously.

"Sure. Is everything alright?" Lois answers, while I just nod.

"Uh- It will be after I tell you guys the truth... I hope." He says as his voice gets quieter. Lois and I look at each other with concern but I break it to give Jordan a comforting smile.

"Okay, whatever it is, we'll deal with it together. Alright." he just nods at me. I want to make sure Jordan and Jon feel comfortable coming to us, so I wanted to reassure him.

Jordan's POV

Okay. I can do this. I'm about to tell my parents the truth about everything. When Jon finds out I told them about his past he's going to kill me, but they have to know. I promised Jon I would never tell them what happened as long as he was safe and he wouldn't make the same mistakes again but things have changed.

When mom and dad told me about what the doctor said and how we have to watch out for Jonathan's mental health and how he copes with the kidnapping, I realized that if something happened to Jonathan and I could have prevented it I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

"Hold on, let me check on something." I said to them before running up the stairs to check on Jon. I wanted to make sure he was sleeping so he wouldn't accidentally come down before I finished telling mom and dad. When I went into his room I saw him asleep with the special noise canceling earbuds that the DOD made for dad and I. I let out a breath of relief before heading back downstairs.

"Okay, can you guys sit down on the couch?" I asked them and they both sat down across from me while I stood in front of them slightly pacing. Dad was about to say something before I interrupted him.

"Okay, I'm about to tell you things that I promised I would take to my grave, and this is either going to be the worst mistake I've ever made or the greatest thing I've ever done... Look, you guys are about to be really angry, at me, at Jon, at yourselves even, but I need you guys to not get mad. " Mom and dad straighten up and give me their full attention.

"Jordan, what happened?" Mom says.

" You guys know that Jonathan has always had a sort of obsession with football. It's just always been the way he was. I never understood why until the end of eighth grade. The summer before Jon and I went into highschool he had already found out that he was going to be playing for Varsity and he went totally crazy over it. I thought it was just to prove that he belonged there but after some time he wouldn't let it go. Jon was in the school gym 24/7, and when he wasn't training or learning plays he was running or doing some type of workout at home." Mom and Dad looked at me worried so I gave them a minute to process before I continued.