Chapter 13

I quickly pull up to the Apartment complex pulling into the parking lot

I quickly pull up to the Apartment complex pulling into the parking lot. I shoot a text to Mariella letting her know what's going on.

Me: Hey I'm gonna be home a little later, something happened but don't worry I'm fine.

Mariella: I was just about to text you. Jeremy came here looking for you. He just left.

Me: Everything is okay I promise. See you soon.

I walk out of the car, grab my keys, and walk into the apartment complex before I make my way to the second floor. I knock on the door quickly. I have been holding my emotions in up until this point, but as soon as the door opens my heart begins to swell in my chest and the tears come pouring out.

"Ms.Genesis," I said quietly through my sobs.

"Baby what's wrong? Come in, come in quickly."

We sit down on the couch and I tell her about the events of the last 2 days as best as I could without leaving out any necessary details. In this past year, she has surely become a mother figure to me in more ways than one. I couldn't call Annabelle because her first instinct would be to drive 40 minutes with a gun to threaten Jeremy and no one needed that.

"Baby it looks like you got a lot on your plate," she says to me handing me a bottle of water.

"What do I do?" I ask while sitting on the couch slumped in defeat.

"I can't tell you what to do, but If I was you, I would sit that boy down and figure out what the hell is going on. You deserve the truth baby. Not just for yourself but for your baby girl. Make sure you go in with listening ears. You need to know all the information before you know what to do next.

"But."

"No buts," she says holding up her hand in defense. "You finna do it on your terms too. You will do it when you are ready and how you want to do it. But like I said I can't tell you what to do. I'm also gonna say I don't know though. So just in case this goes badly. you can't blame me," she said shrugging her shoulders causing me to laugh.

"I don't know if I'm ready for the truth," I say slowly.

"The truth will come out, either way, it's just up to you when and how baby."

"Thank you," I said looking at her and giving her a shy smile. "I needed to talk to someone about this."

"Of course mama, you stay as long as you need," she said placing a kiss on my forehead and pulling me in for a hug.

I sigh as I take up my phone. It's blowing up. Of course it is.  I think know what to do.

I take up my phone ignoring the earlier messages from either part and shoot Jeremy a text.

Me: Meet me at Mariella's.

It was all I said. It was enough. I turn to Ms.Genesis telling her thank you before kissing her goodbye and making my way down to the car.