Chapter 29

I am sitting in the hospital hallway covered in blood with my hands clasped over my face with my leg shaking

I am sitting in the hospital hallway covered in blood with my hands clasped over my face with my leg shaking. I must have prayed 100 times since she was shot and until now. I have died a thousand times in the last 48 hours, first the kidnapping now this. Now she is in emergency surgery and I have no update on her condition. She was perfectly fine and in my arms one second then down the next.

A few hours ago...

A gun went off as Marcus collapses to the floor groaning. Samantha screamed immediately grabbing me and making sure I wasn't shot. Rich kicked the gun away from Marcus. He is throwing curse words from the floor while the rest of the guards swarm in. Once Samantha is finally done checking my body to calm herself. She relaxes a little pulling me in for a hug and sobbing into my shoulder. We pull apart for a second when another gun goes off. I snap my head down seeing Marcus with an evil smirk on his face while spitting up blood pointing a gun in the air. "If I can't have her, no one can," he manages to choke out. The cops release a slur of bullets into him and attack and restrain him.

I look down and see Sam covered in blood on the floor.

What the fuck?

I am in so much shock. I don't even know when I had gotten on my knees to apply pressure to the bleeding wound on her chest. There was so much blood I couldn't tell you exactly where she got shot. Was it her shoulder? Her chest? I couldn't tell you. 

My main focus was to stop the bleeding. Was he aiming for her heart? I start to cry and yell for help when I see her starting to grow pale. Her glowing dark skin was now a color close to grey.

"Talk to me baby come on!" I yell. She tries to say something but she just takes a shaky deep breath instead, I can feel her body starting to shake from under my hands. "Come on baby, please. Hold on for me okay!" I can see the sweat growing on her forehead. The ambulance was already on its way just in case anything wrong happened thank god because it only took them 2 minutes to get into the room.

Rich had to pry me away from her so that they could work. I couldn't stop crying. Seeing her like this was the most heartbreaking thing I have ever experienced. My heart has been breaking nonstop since yesterday.

"Be careful she's prone to blood clots!" I finally yell to the EMT. They nod their heads in response as they continue to work.

I drove behind the ambulance with Rich all the way to the hospital before they rushed her into emergency surgery. 

Now here we are.

The nurses in the hospital and the guards that came with us kept offering me ways to clean myself up but I don't dare move, I just ignore them. It's been 3 hours and I haven't heard a single update. I don't want to move a muscle until I know if she's okay. My mom is on her way with Anya after Rich called her but I don't want to see Anya.