Chapter 14; Checkmate

A/N HEY THERE I post updates on my twitter if a chapter is going to be late or rescheduled so follow me if you want to keep updated!

https://twitter.com/HadesTradesTHATS ALL thanks for reading! hope you enjoy <3

CW: physical violence

------

Tommy, Dream, and Punz, all crouched atop a small shop nearby where the execution was to take place any minute now.

The vision of the country had left Tommy feeling a mixture of emotions. It was gorgeous, everything they'd built was amazing, and he nearly felt a pride well up in his chest at the sight. The feeling however was struck down immediately, when he realized that all of this had been done in his absence.

All of this happened after he'd given up absolutely everything for this country, after he'd fought tooth and nail, forced to the very cusp of death over and over until there was little left in him.

Not one exile he'd faced now from the country he helped create, but two. And the second by his closest friend, someone he'd considered as much of a brother as he had Wilbur.

'Friend.' The term left a bad taste in Tommy's mouth when associated with Tubbo.

Watching the boy from where he was perched. Tommy's face shrouded in the hood he'd pulled over it, he stared down at Tubbo intensely.

"Technoblade has robbed our country, of everything that made it special."

What a fucking joke. The very thing that their nation was built on didn't exist anymore. If there was anything Wilbur had been right about, it was that.

Maybe it should have just been left in ruins after Wilbur had decided to detonate the remaining shell that was L'manberg after Jschlatt had sullied the country under his rule.

Tommy was so deep in thought, he nearly missed Dream signaling to them, and he was just two steps behind Punz when he snapped back to reality.

"Let's go, Tommy." Punz had said, Tommy giving a tight nod and he flicked his wrist, an ender pearl appearing between his middle finger and thumb that he tossed down onto the stage below. Punz doing the same.

The man beside him began tossing down potions that shattered to the ground, followed by TNT. The explosives were unlit, but it was enough to startle everyone, and things began to descend into chaos from there.

Fundy had gone for Punz immediately, who had targeted Ranboo. Tommy went straight for Tubbo, who he'd caught off guard, the young president having been rushing for Punz as well, since he was the first assailant.

Tubbo had a shield and sword at either side and when Tommy slammed his netherite sword down over him, Tubbo caught it against the polished wood. The strike was so hard it made his bones hurt and his entire frame shook.

Whoever this was, they were very powerful.

And very angry.

Tommy yanked his sword from the splintered wood and kicked the shield, causing Tubbo to stumble backwards, though with much effort he managed to keep his footing.

The young president was forced into taking a defensive position, as his adversary wasn't letting up in the slightest.

Strike after strike, Tubbo just barely managed to block and parry, catching with his own diamond sword. The materials clashed against each other, the sound shattering through the air.

Whoever this was, his attacks felt personal, and furious.

Punz was doing his best to distract the others and it was working. They had been chasing him in circles, attempting to restrain him. Tubbo- despite his aggressor keeping his attention nearly undivided- he recognized if they didn't execute Techno soon, the opportunity would escape them.