twenty three

yerin pov

i slowly moved my head to see who it was and again, it's him.

sunghoon?

he was in tears.

and suddenly gave me a hug, his head lowering down to match my right shoulder.

i could hear him sniffle loudly into my school blazer.

what happened?

"s-sunghoon, are you alright?" i asked, quietly.

i hope he's okay:(

sunghoon then got his head off my shoulder and looked straight up, his eyes all red and swollen.

i realised we were just at the front door of my house, i wouldn't exactly like it if my friend's family heard me crying, so i grabbed sunghoon's hand and wakes him over to the nearest park.

"let's go sit there." i muttered, sunghoon nodded as he followed me like a lost puppy around the park.

i sat down, and sunghoon followed.

"what happened? are you alright? did something happen at the rink?" i tried asking sunghoon.

he must be really upset as i've never seen him cry before.

he simply just nodded, as tears still flowed against his cheeks.

"is it because you hurt yourself? did you injure yourself on the ice?" i asked, and simply he shook his head, but then he reluctantly nodded his head right after.

"i f-fell d-down." he stuttered as he sobbed, as he started to regain some of his confidence to speak.

"a-ah, it's okay, we all fall sometimes." i tried to reassure him, he was still upset and slightly shook his head.

"i fell down multiple times. and, n-normally my coach doesn't get bothered by this but she started shouting at me because i couldn't stop stumbling. and t-then i nearly forgot how to do all the moves and coach choi had to go tell my parents how i might be removed from the national team." sunghoon carried on sobbing, i've never seen him like this.

i sighed, and tried to give sunghoon a smile to comfort him, "you've just come back from an injury sunghoon, of cour-"

suddenly, sunghoon interrupted me, he stood up from his sitting position and stared at me, his eyes all bright red.

"this is all your fault ! if only you didn't bump into me that day and make me trip, i wouldn't have gotten injured. whilst you and your friends were at school and hanged out after school, i've been training and training since i was in elementary. and now, all of that has been wasted." he suddenly shouted at me, looking at me as if i just bit him.

everything he said was right.

it was all my fault, but why did i start tearing up?

i don't think sunghoon will ever forgive me for this.

i tear slowly dropped from my left eye, and i, in an instant wiped it with my hand, trying to save myself from embarrassment.

i stood up from my seat too and stood next to sunghoon, turning my body to face him and gave a weak smile, trying to save my tears.

"i'm sorry. i really am. i didn't mean to hurt you so much and i didn't know this would happen. i'm sorry for everything and i'm sorry for trying to even get you with yuna. i promise i won't ever come close to you again." i muttered, my voice breaking a few times.