Chapter 3: It was a Accident

Jennie POV:

"End of class."

I mumble it to myself.  I pack up my stuff and head out. Even though it's the last period, class ended so short today.

Everyone was running like the buffalo's migration from north to south during fall. They all were in hurry to enter the school's theater room, so they can get it done. It's a school assembly, today. This is set up to all new students like me have to give speeches to everyone. It's a tradition at this school to give speeches if you are new to the district.

The goal is to be confident and make the students accept us for who we are. And that the students should not discriminate by how we look, what our personality is, and even the genders we are. I don't think it was a good idea for me to present myself to everyone since I don't like to talk in front of people, but it's a mandatory thing as it counts for your attendance.

I went backstage of the theater, it's where all the new students go. "All you guys ready?" The principal asked us. We all nodded. "Don't be afraid. Just give them 5 - 10 sentences telling about them yourself or what inspire you to be here." "Lee Ruby Jane , you're first to start." The principal said out loud for all of us to hear.

It's nice to go first. It will make people forget what they think of me as they focus on other students. I also need some confidence during the stage. I don't want to stutter since it will make it longer and people staring at me.

As people in the audience got settled, the principal made a speech to the audience. "We have quite a lot of students this year and any year. We have 37 new students which broke the previous record in 1997, which was 31 students.
One by one of these students will be giving a speech. I want you all to listen to them, and accept who they are here."

"First up, Lee Ruby Jane. Ms. Lee, please enter to the front stage at this time." I walked to the podium, facing toward the crowd, and saw how big the place and the stadium are. "You may begin," the principal says. I nodded and refocus. "Hello, everyone. I'm Lee Ruby Jane. Preferred to be called as Jennie Kim. I like to study, have peace. I'm not the type of person to have fun or want to make friends. I just want to be alone and be ignored. I like to be ignored, so I don't get any distractions and I want to stay that way. That is all I have." I said it all with little shyness in my tone. "Wonderful speech," the principal exclaimed. "You may return." I nodded and went backstage.

I know for a fact that the principal lied about it being a wonderful speech.

The principal called another student up as I went to sit on the chair they provided for us. Not everyone here will be able to sit in these seats since there's not enough room for everyone to fit in here. As I sat down, I felt my bladder rise. I raise my hand to signal a teacher to come over. A teacher saw it and came over.

"What do you need, Ms. Lee?" She asked in her fake high pitch voice. "May I use the restroom? Also, it's Jennie Kim. My bladder is full." "I'm very sorry, Ms. Kim. And yes, you can use the restroom, but come back quickly. You don't want to miss all the student's speeches." "I will."

I got up and quickly ran out of the theater. I turn left, ran a few hallways intersection, pass the first locker section, pass the science area, and take a right turn.

I slow down to a complete stop to catch my breath. I was panting while walking toward the wall, with a hand on it to balance myself from collapsing to the floor.

I bend a little to try to calm my heartbeat.

I can feel my bladder about to explode, so I walk straight into the girl's restroom, ignoring my ongoing panting, past some girls who are smoking on one of the stalls, doors open, into the farthest stall. I open the stall, walked in, and closed it.