Chapter 9: Going to a Different Path

Jennie POV:

"You are doing great, Jennie! Keep up the great work," Mi said as she drop the last load into the basket.

"Thank you, unnie."

"Payment is tomorrow, so you have to come here and get it."

"So, you still worried about him?"

"He creeps me around. Ever since I saw him visit this hotel, he keeps bothering me at school. I don't want to associate with him or even look at him."

"Has he always knew you were before he went here?"

"Nope. Met him the first time here. Kept bothering me after the first game of basketball. He was utterly looking up and down at me. I feel so disgusted."

"If he ever bothers you again, come straight to me. I'll teach him a lesson."

"Thank you for having my back."

"Always."

"I got to go back to floor 6. You handle floor 1. Would you be ok for that?"

"Yes."

I grab my cart and took the elevator to floor 1. I exited the elevator and saw unnie Mi smiled before the door closed.

I went to the first room that was assigned to be cleaned. I knocked to make sure no was in there. I gave 15 seconds before entering. I grab my cleaning kit and went straight to the bathroom. I scrub everywhere with my cleaning bottle, making sure everything is cleared.

I know that hotel doesn't clean everything. They only clean where it's messy, ignoring the little pieces. For me, I clean all. The bathtub, the stink, the toilet and toilet lids. These are places usually people fail to clean.

After I tidy that place up, I went to grab the bed sheets and replaced them with a new one. It wasn't too bad. I grab the pillow case and change to a new one. I restock the fridge and clean off the top. I spray some stain remover on the pillow, the bed, the table, the chairs, and the closet. I then clean the tables, the desk, the handles, the fridge door, and the lamps.

After looking though the room, it looked tidy. I place my stuff back to my cart and rode it to a new room to clean.

This next room isn't that bad. It's just messy bedsheets everywhere. I do my usual routine and get everything in the bathroom tidy. I would switch out all the sheets and spray them with scent remover. I then clean the whole room, leaving no spots of dirt to see.

I would repeat this all the rooms on the floor. After I was done, I drag the cart back to the laundry room. I put the dirty ones into the basket and put my cart back to its place. When I was about to walk out, I saw Unnie Mi came in.

I decided not to go out and stayed.

"How was it," she asked as she put the sheets into the basket.

"Not bad but the basket seems full."

"Sure is. The machine is almost done. This means we can put them in."

"Have you ever wonder the amount of work you put into doing this."

"When it was my first time, yes. As I did more, I don't think about them. It's like I created a new habit."

"Well, you did. You are now doing it base off of that habit. You made it into a habit since you repeated that task every time. Did it give you a satisfaction"?

"What do you mean satisfaction?"

"Like you won something."

"Oh, I just got word done quickly, so I don't have to worry about them. Does that count?"