Chapter 12: Perfect

Jennie POV:

Every since the incident, I was more confident on achieving my goal. Taehyung can be whoever he wants. None of his business is my problem now. He can deal with it on his own after what he put me through. He clearly did not know what I was trying to do. A bad truth can impact a person's emotions, which impacts other things like sports.

The pain I went through from that day gave me strength to change myself. I'm not like the shy girl I used to be. I'm recognized as the department beauty at my new school. I got tons of fans, mostly fanboys. They would appear at my locker room to get me gifts, appear in front of me at cafeteria to ask if they could sit with me. I gently declined all offers because I don't want people to buy me things I don't deserve.

I sat down in my first hour class, grab my study book, and prepare for the exam. I need to ace the suneung, also known as CSAT. At my previous school, I score 87% which is not bad to get into college. For me, I want to score in the 90s range because it can get me to top schools. The exams is really close and I got couple of days to study.

Boom! A loud thud drop was heard.

"Sorry! I apologize for creating a ruckus."

I looked out and saw one of the smartest student at this school. His name is Kai Kwon, the student president and ranked #2. Dream is to become a ceo of a video gaming business.

"Are you fine?"

"I am. I just tripped on this plank."

"That happens to all student. The school admins had no thought of fixing it. Claiming it's too expensive to replace the whole floor," Ms. Keon said mockingly.

Kai picked up his things and went to his seat, which always been next to mine. He always tries to impress me by talking in a whisper that I can only hear about knowledge I don't want to hear. It was always about how coding works.

"Class, you will take another mock exam today. Just try your best and scores will be posted tomorrow on score board. You have 9 days left till the real on starts. Work hard and focus on studying. We will do the normal testing time as usual. Put everything away except a pencil. I will get the first exam paper ready to go."

As the teacher went out of the room, I look at few tips on the topic I struggle and memorizing it.  When the teacher came back, I put everything into my bag and set it aside.

"You know that won't help you memorize," Kai said with a smirk.

"You don't know that. I have great memory."

"Short-term memory."

"Whatever."

"I will now be passing out the test, so no more talking until the end of the test."

I faced forward and wait for the teacher to pass the papers out. Shortly after, I got my test.

"Before you begin, I will first start the first timer. Don't open it until I say you can."

Click, click, click.

"You may start it now." As she finished and started the countdown, everyone opens the exam (including me) fast like a wrinkle of paper sounds. I went straight to the questions and answer all the best I can.

————————————————————————————

"Scores been posted! Everyone check your ranking and see what you get!"

When I heard the news, I bolted to get to the bulletin board, however, a lot of people are already there.

"Excuse me, please."