Chapter 5: Goal is to Make it to the Team

Taehyung POV:

As everyone finish, the coach spoke. "You guys dress up, run 6 laps without us babying you every day, then make your way to the basketball court. We will all be learning there, and not here. The basketball court has more space and more exact length than here. Plenty of stations to have 4 games at a time."

"Understand the expectation?"

"Yes, coach!" We all said.

"Now, let's get some practice in. We don't want to waste time since it's crucial for you guys. Today is all about the basics trainings, and then tomorrow is techniques. This week we will slowly learn and transform into the bigger stuff. First cut will be Monday, so be practice everyday. Now, each coach will be at a hoop, teaching you guys what you need and need to work on. Each individual tests will be scored. Any further questions before we start?"

We all stayed silent.

"I'll take the silence as a no. Now, get a basketball and head to a hoop."

I got up and walk out of the nearest exit. I followed the coach to head to the court. I was unfamiliar with the location is, so I just walk slow. I need to remember where I need to go for tomorrow. The garbage storage cement is the first thing we passed. The second is a passage way between a big two fences gate z These fences separates the sport activity's area. One is for the track and field, the other is for tennis. The last thing we need to pass is the walking sidewalk. This is route where students who takes walking class has to go, everyday. The coach walks set of stairs of this hill. I follow pursuit and saw the massive court area.

The coach stop in front of the court that made all of us do the same. The court is articulated in a way that each court is side by side and that we can see each actions on either side. This is built to have no audiences, but there are sidelines for them.

The coach pulled out a dangling items from his pant pockets. It looked like a set of keys. He inserted it into the small lock and twist it. A click sound happened. He pulled it out and opened the gate.

"We are here at the basketball court. There are 4 courts here. Each court allows 8 teams to play. The basketballs is right here."

He pointed to them and I looked where it is. The ball is in a big blue metal cage, and the cage is the size of a tiger's cage.

"The coach will be at each station in a few moments. We will check to see if you know the skills and know-how to play. If you don't know, we will teach you the skills. We recommend practicing outside of school and learning the skills, so it saves your process and make things run faster for us. Endurance, good outplays, and good skills are needed in this team so we can be in the championship. Working as a team and participating mis what get us a chance to play in the championship. Goal is to achieve the title, but it's very hard to get in. We need to win most of our games and to qualify the right requirements to earn a spot in the finals. We are counting on each of you to represent the team and this school. We never won a championship title, but I hope you guys put so much effort to make it happen. If we get close to being in the championship, it tells us to try harder, coming up with new strategies, as well as improving our coaching to be able to get a spot in that championship for next year. Mr. Hyuk has been in the championship 3 times during his high school year. He was the encourager for his team. He did all the hard work he did and we expect the same with you. It doesn't matter if your captain or not, or encourager, it matters that we all have the strength, the motivation, the skills, the energy, and cooperation to make us succeed. We want you all to represent the school. So, get to work. 10 people on each court. We, the coaches, will be in each court. There are 8 coaches, each coach will be coaching each team. We won't talk more, so decide which team your on, it doesn't matter."