Chapter 8: Team against Team

Taehyung POV:

"Everyone, gather around. I would like to say a couple of things to you guys. If we win this match, we will move on to the next opponent. If we lose this one, we will still continue until the tournament starts. We have multiple opportunities to make it onto the qualification if we meet the requirements. I want you all to try your best and learn from each game. It doesn't matter if we win or not, we still have to improve strategies for the next team and the team after and so on."

"See you all tomorrow night for our game," the other couch said.

I hustle out of the locker room and went to my car. I have a special last practice with Jennie Kim today. It's our last ever practice she will ever agreed to. I asked her during school today and she didn't have no thoughts and accepted it.

"Ready to your butt kicked," she said with roaring confident.

"Not if I beat you first," I fired back.

"Let's stop the winning talk and focus on your techniques and ability to make a play."

"You'll see how much I improve."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Now, get the ball and let's have fun, along with you losing in the end."

"Impatient are we." I grinned and then grab the ball.

"Ready?"

"Ready."

Jennie and I did some warms up before going for the main training. The warm ups was just feeling the ball as it move from my hand to the ground and then to my other hand. We also did some pointer line shots and at different spots to see possible 2 pointer or 3 pointer goals.
It was nothing to worry about. It was just seeing possible area I can score in the game.

The main training wasn't that bad. It was all about traveling, knowing well known strategies, and coming up new ones. We also combat certain strategies are mostly used. Most players use the same strategies, but others might not. So, Jennie is preparing me to develop a skill to depict people's strategies and how to counter it. She wants me to memorize them and have it stick to me.

These essentials is what going to make me a become a better player and allowing me to carry our team.

"Alright. We're done for the day."

"Thank you for the help, Jennie."

"Your welcome. Just know that you must come up with your own strategies and work on 2 and 3rd line shots. Don't worry about dribbling the ball. You got it. Other than that, your set to go."

"Lastly, what is the important skill?"

"You need to believe in the system and small win will help you buy into it, so you can achieve what you want."

"Good! Now, I'll have to go. Good luck on your game!"

"Thank you!"

Jennie grab her things and left.

I stand there and watch her puppet figure disappear from the ground.

I wonder if I could be as a good thinker and skill as her. It would help me achieve my career.

I cut my thoughts and I went back to practicing line shots until I get tired.

————————————————————————

"What's taking you so long to get here?" Questioned by my head coach.

"I had to get ready. I was sweated a lot earlier and I took a shower."