Chapter 3

As everyone was seated inside, Pandora could see Tom turning his head and winking at her every few minutes. She would blush a little then look away as to not be clouded by emotions.

During the ceremony, she began crying silently. The tears rolled down her cheeks as she listened to the mass. Coach Buzzer thaught her basketball whenever she visited her grandparents in New England. Her mother and father never came with her and enither did her siblings.

She new her way around New England like the back of her hand because her and the coach would walk all around New England and he would tell Pandora things about the town.

^^^^^^^^*****^^^^^^^^

After mass everyone was at a get together for close people of the coach. Pandora sat away from the crowd in a small gazibo by herself the back of the grassy lawn where this get together took place.

Across the lawn Tom sat with his father and mother in a bigger gazibo. His father noticed where he was looking and nudged him.

''Go over to her. I know you want to talk to her.'' Eric told him and Tom smiled at him before going over to Pandora.

''Eric what are you doing man? Lenny's gonna kill you'' Kert laughed with Diane from where they sat in the gazebo. Eric laughed also.

''Tom needs help with his ego so Pandora is my best bet. He also seems to be takin' a liking to her and I can't take that away from him'' Eric explained and Roxanne hummed in agreement.

''It's true. I've never seen her so talkative Even before she was mute she never talked this much but with Tom she never seems to stop talking to him.'' Roxannesaid surprising everyone in the gazibo.

''She was mute? I waven't seen the girl in so long I never noticed.'' Sally gasped looking sad as well as Diane. They felt like Pandora was a second daughter to them even though they had never actually met their own kids.

Pandora had never met Sally and Diane's kids before because whenever she came to New England, Pandora would ask where they were but they had different school holidays to her due to the time diference in their states.

Tom made his way ove to Pandora where he caught her sketching. He decided not to disurb her and just stand outside. She looked up from her drawing to take a quick glance at her model but she couldn't see them. She almost had a heart attack when she saw him standing next to her.

''I guess I just look that good you have to draw me huh?'' Tom asked making Pandora jump in fright.

''Don't scare me like that'' she said as she palyfully slapped his arm making him laugh and sit down beside her. He peeked over her arm to get a glance at the drawing and saw himself. It shocked him really. It was him laughing when his father told him a joke about Rob.

''It's not that good.'' She said when she saw his mouth agape, looking at the sketch.

He grabbed the sketch from her and stared at it more.

''Are you kidding me? This is amazing. Oh God I wish I could draw like that.'' he smiled like idiot before coughing and looking at her again snapping himself out of his excited personality.

''Y-you like to draw?'' she stuttered looking at him again.

''No well a little I'm more into photgraphy'' Tom said proudly.

''Well isn't that interesting.'' Pandora muttered but he still heard making him smile and look at her.

''Pandora come on! We're going'' Lenny yelled for his daughter while simultainously glaring at Tom.

''You're coming to the lakehouse yeah?''Tom askedquickly before she left.

''Ya don't worry'' she said just as fast before taking off towards her father.

Eric made his way over to his son, placing a hand on his shoulder.

''Good work son. I'm proud of you. That girl has been mute for 6 years now and you just had her first real conversation with her. Roxanne is also grateful but Lenny ehhhhh not so much'' Eric told his son while they walked to their car.

''Thanks Dad that means a lot. I just hope I can make her smile at some stage'' Tom sighed.

This was gonna be a long weekend.