Chapter 10

That night Pan was having trouble sleeping she got for some water and sat on the sofa. The one farthest away from Higgins.

Tom, feeling the movement, got up and saw her on the couch thinking.

When he sat down on the couch beside her she jumped slightly.

''Sorry'' he whispered with a chuckle. She laid her head on his shoulder and sighed.

''It's ok just can't sleep.'' She said and stood up. Tom followed and they sat out on the porch swing outside.

''What's bothering you, beautiful?'' Tom asked while petting her head.

''I've been getting nightmares of what happened.''

''The accident?''

''Yea that.'' She muttered.

''Want to talk about it? It always helps when you talk.''

''It was just before Becky was born. Mom wanted to have a day just the two of us. We did when she was pregnant with the boys as well. When she found it was a gorl she wanted to make the day really special.'' Pan paused taking a shaky breathe.

''While we were there a man came in trying to rob the cashier. He took all of the costumers hostage including me and mom. When someone notified the police the man with the gun saw and aimed it at mom. I saw the safety was off. I knew because of Greg's video games. I jumped in front of mom when the shot was fired. The bullet hit me in the gut. The man ran when the police came and I was rushed to the hospital. They got the bullet out but I still have a scar. You couldn't see it when we were swimming because I had makeup on it.'' She said and lifted up her t-shirt to show a decently sized scar on her abdomen.

''Then why did you go mute?''

''Because the last words that man with the gun said to me going out are were still fresh.''

''What did he say?''

''He told me that if I spoke a word to anyone I would suffer the consequences. He was caught a few weeks later robbing the bank and was sent to jail but I guess he really scared me that I just didn't talk.''

Tom didn't say anything but wiped away the few stray tears and hugged her into him. They stayed like this for awhile until they head their fathers in the kitchen drinking, milk?

The two men were speaking nonsence and were making fun of Rob and Gloria. Then they moved onto Higgins. They started slapping him and making fun of then put him into the closet.

Tom and Pan stood at the door with bewildered looks.

''What are you guys doing?'' Tom asked looking at them as they shut the storage closet door.

Eric and Lenny turned around and saw the two teens.

''Um nothing you need to worry about but what are you doing down here?'' Lenny asked as Eric retreated back up the stairs to his room.

''Mothing you need to worry about.'' Pandora said using her father's words againsst him.

Lenny just shrugged before going back upstairs.

Pandora plopped onto the couch and Tom laid on top of her like at the waterpark.

He had his headon her chest and his arms wrapped tightly around her, while Pan had her arms around his back and her legs around his waist.

That's where they spemt the rest of the night before waking up to Greg's annoying voice.

''Dude you head is in my sister's tits.''