Chapter 4

Everyone soon arrived at the lakehouse where most people would be spending the weekend as well as the 4th of July.

''It'll do for one night.'' Roxanne said catching the attention of Tom and Pandora who were standing next to each other due to the way all of the cars were parked.

They looked at each other and shrugged and began to follow the others towards the front porch. There, Becky caught the noise of the moth killer.

''Oh no!'' Pandora whispered when she saw what her little sister was looking at. Tom followed her gaze and saw the machine.

''Oh no is accurate. Beauty and brains.'' He whispered behind her making her look down with a blush.

''Daddy? What's that machine doing?'' Becky asked Lenny.

''Well it's uh getting rid of the moths.'' Lenny answered

''Where is it taking them?''

''Hell.'' Higgins answered instead of Lenny.

''Don't say that Higgins.'' Lenny scolded and Marcus tried to redeem himself even though he was long past the gone.

''Sorry not Hell. Mexico.'' He tried to cover up.

''IT'S KILLING THEM!!!!'' Charlotte and Donna screamed.

''No - ''Lenny was cut off.

''Daddy, It's killing them.'' Becky exclaimed holding onto Lenny's hand tighter.

Lenny let go of her hand and ran up the porch and plugged out the machine, took the moth off of it then threw it in the air but it fell on to th brown decking.

''It's still sleeping.'' Lenny said to cover up the fact that it was indeed not sleeping.

''It's dead Dad.'' Greg said earning a clip on the back of the head from Roxanne making Tom and Pandora snicker making Greg glare at them.

''I prefered it when you were quiet.'' He muttered making Pandora freeze but then she laughed again the two boys joining in as well.

Rob brought everyone into the house and sat down telling everyone about which rooms they would be in.

But the only thing Pandora could focus on was the piano in the corner of the room near a window looking out into the forest nearby.

Tom saw this and wanted to make a flirty comment but when he saw that her lips almost twitches upwards he left it off and just stuck with gazing at her.

Pandora's gaze was broke when Tom's sister Donna and brother Bean banging on the legs making her wince.

Tom and Pandora started at their parents as they were told to sleep in the children's room when they were almost adults.

"NO!" They both shouted at Rob. Rob looked slightly frightened when they shouted but nodded.

"That's fine there is a spare room but it only has one double bed." He explained.

Pandora and Tom looked at each other then nodded.

"We'll take it!" They said together again making the adults step back a bit. These kids have only known each other a few hours but they are already talking in sync.

Rob led them to the room and they threw there luggage onto the bed.

Pandora looked out the window and sat on the window seat admiring the view.

Meanwhile tom was hungry and went down stairs to grab something.

He past the moms in the kitchen and grabbed an apple then proceeded to sit on the stairs of the porch where the dads couldn't see him but he could hear them and the topic of their conversation intrigued him greatly.

"So Lenny man, why did Pandora go mute? You never told us." Kert asked and Lenny sighed not wanting to remember the day.

"Her and Roxanne were at a restaurant. Roxanne was pregnant with Becky at the time and Roxanne was  having a girls day out with her before the new baby." Lenny paused before speaking again.

"When they there a man came in with a gun trying to rob the till. He took the costumers hostage including Pan and Roxanne. Someone called the police and the man saw. He pointed the gun at Roxanne as a threat but the safety wasn't on firing the bullet. Roxanne was fine but pan had jumped in front of the bullet. After that day she vowed to never speak again for reasons we dont understand. It wasnt her fault." Lenny finished and a tear slipped down his cheek but he wiped it off quickly.

Tom, as shocked as he was, vowed that he would make her smile during this holiday no matter how hard it would be and his mission started now as he walked upstairs to their room.