𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

juliets point of view
june 5, 2015
first date

four days ago i had my first kiss with wilbur.

the day after he had asked me out on a date. he came to my house with flowers and a card. he just told me to wear something i would wear to a beach and left soon after.

"honey wilbur just pulled up!" mama yelled from downstairs.

i fixed my hair and checked my outfit. i was wearing a purple sundress with small white flowers on it and a bathing suit under. i put on a bit of mascara and eyeliner and went downstairs.

mom and mama were standing by the door with a smile as i went down. i looked at the door to see wilbur standing there with a bouquet of flowers. my favorite flowers.

"well hello there juls." he said with a smirk.

"hello there will." i smiled as he handed me the bouquet.

"should we go now?"

i looked back at my parents and they said a quick 'goodbye, love you!' before we headed out. we walked over to his car and he opened the door for me.

"thank you kind sir."

"you're making it sound like i'm an old man."

"yeah, yeah," i laughed as he closed my door and headed over to the drivers seat. "so...the beach?"

"how'd you know?"

"you told me 'wear something you'd wear to the beach' so i figured."

he put his hand behind my seat as he reversed and looked at me. "smartass."

i rolled my eyes jokingly and turned on the radio. "one direction let's go."

wilbur hummed to the beat of the song as he drove towards the beach. i bopped my head to the beat as well when the song suddenly changed.

"you changed the song?!"

"night changes is a good song shush."

"can't argue with you on that one." i agreed as we both sang along.

the rest of the car ride we talked for a while, sang along to one direction, and laughed at wilbur's stupid jokes.

"we're here." he announced.

i looked over to see a few people with their kids and family and others just walking around.

when we got out of the car wilbur opened the trunk and got out a picnic basket.

"a picnic at the beach?"

"yeah," he smiled. "of course we don't have to do this if you don't want to. we could go to a restaurant if you want t-"

i cut him off by kissing his cheek and ruffling his hair. "i love picnics at the beach. they're better than a boring restaurant."

we walked over to a spot that was quiet and not many people were at. we took our shoes off to prevent ant sand to get in. he took out a picnic sheet and layed it out on the sand.

"i got us some sandwiches since that's what i figured people ate at picnics." he said as he opened the basket and took the food out.

"you really thought about everything didn't you?"

"maybe," he shrugged. "i brought some monsters since we can't drink out here yet. oh and some gummy bears since i know you like those."

he passed me a sandwich, monster, and a bag of gummy bears and took some out for himself.

"thanks will."

"you're welcome."

-ˋˏ ༻🎞༺ ˎˊ-

will and i talked all day. we ate some of the food he had brought and stole some kids sand toys to make our own sand castle. the parents were not happy but we didn't care.

"people are starting to leave." wilbur told me while he played with my hair.

"that okay. we can watch the sunset together." i smiled up at him from his lap.

"what do you like the most about the stars?"

i sighed and looked back up at him. "they just make me happy y'know? when i was little my grandma always told me everything about them. she's the one that made me interested about them in the first place."

"she sounds wonderful."

"she was my favorite person in the world."

"was?"

i hummed in response. "she died a few years ago from cancer. i was there when it happened."

wilbur looked down at me and made a motion for me to stand up.

"why did you make me sta-"

i got cut off my wilbur hugging me tightly. i immediately hugged back and tried to hold back my tears.

"i'm so sorry juls," he murmured into my hair. "let it all out. i got you."

i felt him hug me tighter as i sobbed into his shoulder. he smoothened out my hair and whispered comforting words. he didn't care if his shirt got soaking wet.

"thanks will," i smiled as i let go of him. "now your shirt is covered in mascara. fuck."

"it can wash off don't worry about it," he shook his head. "let's watch the sunset now before it's too late."

he patted down on his lap. indicating he wanted me to lay my head down on his lap again.

i layed my head down on his lap and he began to play with my hair as we watched the sunset.

"we should do this more often."

"do what?" i asked.

"watch the sunset together."

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

🗒 ❛ AUTHORS NOTE ༉‧₊˚✧
6/15/21
awe cute date
(kind of a filler chapter, sorry)