𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

wilburs point of view     
     july 10, 2021
     flustered

i opened the door to juliets bedroom to see her laying down in bed with her laptop on her lap.

she looked up at me and smiled. "hello mr. soot."

"it's gold to you." i huffed before plopping down to sit beside her on her bed.

"hello mr. gold." she repeats, mocking my accent.

"why are you mocking my accent?" i looked up at her. "you're literally british yourself."

"i got the habit from george i guess." she shrugs before shutting her computer close.

"want to go on a walk or something? i'm bored."

"why'd you walk right into my apartment then?" she laughs softly.

"i was going to knock but the door was unlocked so i walked right in."

"melissa must've left it unlocked as she left to go work then."

i shoot my head her direction. "so we're alone?"

"yes, we are."

i smirk before pulling my self up to get on top of her and gave her a kiss. she looks at me and shakes her head, giving me a peck on my cheek.

"not right now will."

i roll right off of her, respecting her decision. "of course."

she smiles and gets up from her bed. i look at her as she walks in front of me and puts her hand out for me to grab. "let's go to a café, i'm in the mood for some coffee."

i grab her hand and stand up. "do we get to eat croissants?"

"yes mi amor, whatever you'd like." she rolls her eyes jokingly before leading us outside her room.

she grabbed her keys and phone before we headed out.

"i still don't get how you got a tesla." i chuckled as we were on the elevator.

"i saved up money while i was in mexico and my parents helped somewhat." she answered as the elevator doors opened.

we walked through the lobby and out the building before walking over to her car. "was mexico fun?"

she looked up at me before going on the driver's side of her car and unlocking the door. "i guess?"

as she started the car she began to drive towards the nearest café. "you guess?"

"well before i met alex there were some pretty nice people i met but none of them stuck around."

"i'm glad you met alex." i looked at her.

they let out a deep breath and whispers to himself. "me too."

once we got to the café we walked inside the small vintage shop.

"this place is beautiful." i told her as we looked around before ordering.

"what can i get for you two today?" the old man in the cashier asks kindly.

"may i get an espresso and a croissant please." she smiles at the man kindly.

i insist and pay for the items before sitting down on a table near a large window by the door.

"we should come here more often." i suggest.

"i agree, it's very quiet and peaceful."

we both talked for a while. she told me everything about mexico and how alex was such a good friend to her.

i felt this feeling in my stomach but i couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"will?" she snapped her fingers close to my face, startling me.

"oh shit, sorry."

she took a sip of her coffee and smiled. "its alright, i was just asking you if you wanted to go on a walk later."

"i'd love that," i smiled back at her. "can i tell you something?"

she looked at me and nodded.

"i had a wonderful dream."

she gave me a soft look. "tell me about it."

"well, you and i were in love, hand in hand as we walked down a street and danced together in the rain, the bright moonlight reflecting off of your beautiful eyes as your soft laughter filled the air, you looked like you loved me, and this dream is the one i want to come true the most."

she looked at me, smiling as her soft voice filled my ears.

"maybe one day it'll come true."

-ˋˏ ༻🎞༺ ˎˊ-

it was now the afternoon.

juls and i went back to the apartment building to leave her car there before we went on a walk.

we were now walking by the shoreline of the beach close by. we were hand in hand, a couple of kids running back and forth to get water for their sandcastle.

"it looks very pretty." she said as we walked. i knew she was referring to the sunset but i thought the prettiest thing here was her.

"you look pretty."

her cheeks glowed red and her eyes glistened.

she smiled so big that i couldn't look past the single dimple on her left cheek.

her love struck eyes shifted from my gaze.

she's flustered.

and all i did was call her pretty.

-ˋˏ ༻🎞༺ ˎˊ-

today i told her she looked pretty.

and it broke my heart.

her eyes glowed a beautiful brown, her smile inched up her face as it beamed back at me.

it was unusual, how she cared so much. that her sovereignty lied in the depths of another persons words, the fact that by using two different syllables her day was flipped.

as she thanked me, and stood there grinning, how could an action so emersed in everyday life be so meaningless to one but mean the world to another.

she was pretty, beautiful, even.

inside the freckles that lined her jaw and the streaks of brown in her hair i found a home.

her heart, though remained unseen, was the prettiest of them all.

how could she not see that?

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

🗒 ❛ AUTHORS NOTE ༉‧₊˚✧
9/5/21
alexa play jealously jealousy by olivia rodrigo