𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

wilburs point of view
april 30, 2021
24th birthday in disneyland

"guys shut up you're going to ruin the surprise!"

"well if clay wouldn't have forgotten her gifts, i would shut up!"

"guys i have her gifts right here, i just got them right now."

"you're a life saver." i whispered to karl thankfully.

i heard juliet shift around her bed and immediately shut everyone up, karl placing her gifts down on the nightstand. she shifted around, now facing us, as slightly opened her eyes.

"what the fuck," she said, her voice raspy due to her just waking up. "if this is one of those dreams i sure hope it's not with all of you."

"what kind of-" george begun but stopped as soon as he realized. "oh."

"wait where are the kids?" she asked as she sat up.

"they're downstairs doing something." i answered.

she nodded in response as she began to stretch and we all just stared at her awkwardly. xe opened her eyes slightly and paused paused as he saw us staring. "oh my god is this actually that kind of dream or what."

"i would love to do that but sadly this isn't a dream." clay told her. i hit his elbow, trying my best to get her not to notice.

"juls close your eyes." alex told her.

she looked confused but closed her eyes as told to.

tommy peaked through the door to make sure everything was ready to go. he opened the door the door all the way and let ranboo and tubbo walk in, both of them holding a cake that read 'happy birthday juls!' with candles. tommy went to hold the cake too since he wanted to be part of this as well.

"can i open my eyes or?"

"one, two, three." tubbo began to countdown.

we all began to sing her happy birthday as the three guys went to hold the cake closer to her. she opened her eyes and widened her eyes in shock.

"happy birthday to you."

"cha cha cha."

"nick that's not how it goes!"

"yes it does alex."

"guys shut up, you're ruining it."

"oh right, sorry."

"happy birthday juliet!"

juls laughed at the two boys and stood up so she could blow out the candles.

"make a wish!" george yelled from beside clay.

she closed her eyes for a second before blowing out her candles. she opened her eyes and looked at me with a smile. i smiled back at her when i noticed her eyes were glossy.

"are you crying?" i asked her as she stood in front of me.

"no, some smoke from the candles must've went in my eyes or something." she laughed but ended up covering her face with her hands, small sobs coming from her mouth.

tommy, tubbo, and ranboo looked awkward as they stood there with the cake.

"group hug!" karl smiled and pulled her into a hug, the rest of us soon joining after.

"you guys are so sweet." she said through her muffled cries.

"i know, i know. i am pretty great." sapnap said cockily.