𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

wilburs point of view
april 11, 2021
the talk

"wilbur are you there?" tommy asked through the discord call we were currently in. along with tubbo, quackity, and niki.

"yeah i'm here, sorry," i apologized. "just thinking."

"it's alright man don't worry about it." quackity said sincerely as his phone went off over and over.

"i think someone needs you quackity." tubbo laughed lowly.

"just one of my friends telling me about something that happened to her yesterday."

"her? i see you alex, getting all the ladies!" tommy said sarcastically. "but really, you should answer."

"yeah, okay. bye guys!" he yelled into the mic and left the call.

"wilbur why are you so quiet today?" niki asked.

"it's just...can i talk to you guys about something?"

"of course man! we're friends for a reason." said tommy.

"okay, well..." i started and went on to tell them everything. about how i met juliet, what i did, and what happened after that.

"oh fuck." tubbo whispered.

"i agree, oh fuck." tommy said back.

niki sighed and spoke up. "well i think you should give her space at first. i mean, it's not everyday you see your cheating ex, no offense wilbur."

"but i want to make things right," i groaned. "i loved her. maybe i still do, i'm not sure."

"she'll come around and then you guys can have a talk about it."

tubbo and tommy agreed with niki.

"thank you guys."

"anytime bossman." tubbo answered.

"i gotta go, talk to you guys later." i waited for all of them to say their goodbyes and left the call. i closed discord on my phone and layed back down on bed. i thought about what i should do about juls living in the same apartment complex as me.

i got up and headed down to the lobby. as the elevator doors were about to shut they opened again, meaning there was someone else, so i looked up to see juls in front of the elevator door.

"oh fuck no." she muttered and tried waiting for the other elevator instead.

i grabbed her arm gently to make her look at me. "please. can we at least talk?"

she stared at me for a while but we both got startled when the other elevator opened. she released from my grip and looked at the second elevator then at me.

"i hope i don't regret this." she huffs while getting inside the elevator with me.

"thank you."

she hums. "so, where are we heading?"

"well i didn't have this planned," i admit, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly. "we could walk around?"

"yeah sure." she nodded as the elevator doors opened. we both walked outside and began to go towards a nearby park.

i decided to speak up and break the silence. "i'm really fucking sorry juls."

"it's juliet."

"right, sorry."

"you're the one that fucked it up wilbur," she said as we crossed the street. "but i was stupid enough to fall for you, wasn't i?"

"juliet i really did fall for you, i did. the thing is that i was stupid enough to let you go and break your heart."

she continued walking, looking at the passing cars instead of me. "maybe we weren't meant to be together then. not yet."

"do you think we can start over, like as in friends?"

"maybe."

i smiled to myself at the fact i might have a chance with her again. maybe not as a couple, but as friends.

"i'm fine with that."

"why did you do it then?" she asked and looked up at me with sad eyes.

"do what?"

"why did you have to cheat on me with bella? out of all the people at school, why her?"

in all honesty, i didn't know why i had done what i did back then. bella was an average pretty girl, yes, but juliet was more than that.

she was gorgeous.

bella had told me that if i cheated on juliet with her that juliet would like me more. as a dumb seventeen year old, i fell for it.

"i guess i wasn't thinking straight back then."

"did you really like her?"

"of course not."

she looked back at the cars and i saw her wipe her eyes but decided to not mention it.

i looked down at her then at the cars. "i loved you, you know?"

she froze for a moment and looked at me. i stopped as well and waited for her to speak up. "well you had a way of showing it," she laughed sarcastically. "but i loved you too."

i smiled at her words, she loved me. my smile faltered when i remembered everything else.

"wilbur, you okay?"

"oh, yeah! sorry about that, i tend to do that a lot."

"it's all good," she smiled and extended her hand out for me to shake. "friends?"

she wanted to be friends? after all of that, she forgave me?

i smiled and shook her hand. "friends."

"great!" she smiled.

"can i have your number? just in case." i asked her and took out my phone from my back pocket.

she nodded so i handed her my phone and let her add herself to my contacts. she handed me my phone back and i saw the contact name she gave herself and smiled.

'the beloved juls'

"you're my beloved?" i chuckled.

"yeah! well, i'm everyone's beloved so don't think you're special."

"ouch." i clutched my heart jokingly.

she laughed and shook her head. "we better head back before melissa thinks i got kidnapped since i'm not answering my phone."

"melissa? like that girl back then that was at that party?"

she hummed and began walking back. "the one and only."

we walked back to the apartment and headed off to our floor. i left her at her apartment and headed off to my own which wasn't far since it's three doors down from hers.

i layed in bed and thought about what just happened.

"oh fuck," i whispered to myself and sat up. "juliet and i are friends now."

⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

🗒 ❛ AUTHORS NOTE ༉‧₊˚✧
7/10/21
they're friends now ig