One Shot 13♡

It had been four months since Mrs. Singh had left for the heavenly abode.

She was a happy woman who had a difficult life after losing her husband, son, daughter-in-law and then Shikha, her grand-daughter in a short span.

It was during early October when Mrs. Singh realised that she might not live more after she suddenly fell ill and didn't recover quite well.

She was prepared to welcome death but there were few things for her to do which was why she had decided to summon them to pay her one visit before she could breathe her last.

Them?
Mayank, his wife 'Amrita' and their children 'Aakash' and 'Anamika.'

She was aware that Mayank would be crushed but not more than
Shilpa who will be insufferable after her death.

Mrs. Singh was her only family.

They had their banters everyday but they loved each other alot.

She wasn't concerned about herself but this annoying yet congenial woman who had looked after her like a daughter would, despite of not being one.

Shilpa's husband had died in the battlefield while serving the nation. Since then she had immersed herself in taking care of her aunt and her grand-daughter Shikha. She doted Shikha like her own but after Shikha married the man of her dreams, she directed all of her attention to this maddening and stubborn woman.

Her Auntie!

Mrs. Singh was aware about her old age and she knew that Shilpa would be all alone after her.
That bothered her and she tried pursuing her to find someone suitable and tie the knot but Shilpa was adamant that she needed nothing more in her life.

Even in her early forties, Shilpa was very beautiful and equally kind. Children simply loved her as she took piano lessons and taught them with such an ease. She was a real talent that many proposal had knocked their door often but were instantly rejected by her.

Mrs. Singh was restless as she thought about her. She knew her time on this planet is going to end soon and Shilpa would be all alone to fend for herself.

The thought itself was worrisome.

Her hands immediately found her phone. Meanwhile Shilpa had gone to heat some milk for her.

This was the chance.

She called him.

It was almost 11:30 at night when Mayank's phone rang.

On seeing her name flash on his screen, Mayank answered the phone on the second ring itself.

"Granny!"

"Oh Mayank! Sorry to disturb you this late." Her voice was hushed and weak.

Mayank felt terrible and guilty.
He should have been the one to call her and not the other way around.

Amrita who slept beside him, stirred and woke up almost instantly. She glanced at her husband who had creases on his forehead.

"You needn't apologize, Granny. I should infact. How are you? Is everything okay?" He asked.

"I want to say yes but then I'd be lying. I'm not sure how long will I survive, Mayank. Can you and your family meet me this weekend? I've something very important to discuss with you, please." She breathe out.

"Sure! Amrita and I were planning to visit you anyway. We'll be there and will also bring our kids with us." He told her.

"That would be wonderful. Thank you, Mayank. May God bless you all." She mumbled.