One Shot 3♡

Ambar sat by the window and wept for god knows how long.

She nervously fidgeted with her fingers and glanced outside.
It was almost the time for sunset and she knew he'd be on his way back.

The house was dreadfully silent.

Even her mother-in-law was in India and here she was all alone.

Ambar protectively clutched her belly.
Her heart was beating at a rapid pace that she was able to feel it.

She didn't anticipate this so soon.
Yes! she wanted this but was very frightened about it but now when she was sure, she didn't know how to tell it to Nakul.

Would he be mad?
or
Would he be very euphoric about the news?,
Will he take it well?

She had a lot of questions in her mind that were already driving her crazy.

Suddenly, she heard the door lock clicking and she instantly snapped her head to look at him by the door.

He smiled after he withdrew his key, "Hey wifey!"

She didn't reply but couldn't hold on her tears anymore.

Her tears scared the hell out of him and he immediately clumped towards his wife.

"What happened?" He asked her.

She sobbed and shook her head.

"Hey, shush! Baby, please tell me." He pleaded and pulled her in his embrace.

She cried, "I..." She trailed off.

He caressed her face, "I'm listening." His face etched with concern.

"I'm pregnant!" She finally told him.

His eyes widened in shock, "You're what?"

She hiccuped, "I.. I.. am... pregnant."

"Baby! Please stop crying and look at me" He wiped her face.

She nodded and gazed in his orbs.

"That's the best news, I've heard... Baby, we're going to be parents. It's such a great news. Now, we have our child here." He placed his hand on her belly, "Aren't you excited?" He queried.

"I'm freaked out." She honestly voiced her feelings.

"About this baby?" He asked her.

"Yes... I'm a baby myself and I'm scared a lot because I don't know, how am I going to raise him?" She ranted.

"It can be a girl." He interrupted her.

"Yes, That's a possibility too but I don't know how good I'll prove myself as a mother." She voiced out her fear.

He bobbed his head and let out a small smile, "You'll be the best..." He confided her.

"How do you know?" She enquired.

"You were good with Aakash, weren't you? You proved to be the most reliable nanny otherwise I wouldn't have let you continue with the job. Plus, you were great with me,  you handled my tantrums and not to forget, my worst moods..." He uttered, making her giggle.

"I did." She agreed.

"Ambar, you'll be a fun parent and at times, a strict parent too and I'll be there with you if anything goes wrong, so relax" He assured her.

"Promise?"

He smiled at her, "Promise!" He blinked at her and kissed her forehead.

"Are you okay now?" He asked her.