One Shot 5♡

Her eyes roamed around the huge hall before they finally settled on her husband.

Woah! He looked hot in the three piece suit he was wearing.

She had to admit it that most of the women in here were shamelessly ogling him and were ready to pounce on him at any chance they got but she knew Nakul had his eyes only on her and she had nothing to worry about.

At that moment, she couldn't help but smile at the thought.

She remembered how earlier this evening when he had asked her to come along with him to this grand party hosted by his client. Despite of being tired, she had agreed because she knew how much important this one might turn out for him and also for a very special and important reason.

Nakul had always taken her to every social gathering with him and had proudly introduced her as his wife.

Parties... Social Gathering... she had never been to one before meeting him though she always felt out of place because it was not her cup of tea.

She couldn't bring herself to get along with the other women who called themselves as socialites and knew nothing but gossiping.

Then she let her mind wander to her four year old sons back at home.
Surely they must be having a great time with their dearest granny or might be troubling her.

Her heart craved to be out of this place and to be at home.

She regretted for not refusing Nakul for this party. At least she had been happy with them at home, preparing and enjoying but then Ambar reminded herself that she had to come here only for her husband and she would've done anything to keep him happy tonight even if she has to sulk alone and wait for him to join her.

She just prayed this to end as soon as possible or else, everything would go wasted.
For that she definitely had to devise a plan but what?
Her brain couldn't think rationally.

It was eight.... she still have time and with that, she let out a huge sigh before picking up her glass.

She sipped her cold apple cinnamon mocktail, allowing its taste to calm her brain and Think!

On the other hand, Nakul saw Ambar near the bar. She seemed lost sitting in the corner.
His heart sank!

He knew how much the kids were wearing her out and on top of it, this party was dampening her mood with his too.

Damn it!

His clients were discussing about their recent investment policy which had already started boring him but he pretended to be a good listener and also tipped his inputs whenever he was asked in to chip it.

"You seem zoned out, Suri!" His partner, Stanley Rodriguez took a moment to figure him out and whispered for only his ears to hear whilst the other men kept their conversation on.

Nakul grimaced, "Can't they stick to one point? They've been going in circles"

He was agitated and so wished to return to the company, he always enjoyed.

"What's the rush?" Stanley's voice was piqued but before he could hear Nakul's answer to his question, he saw his partners gaze transfixed to the lady by the bar.

Stanley smiled, "Oh! Your girl."

Nakul shook his head,
"My wife!" He corrected him.

Nakul's eyes shone when he looked at her.

"She's lucky to have you." Stanley held on to his champagne glass.

Nakul lips twitched, "Actually.... I'm lucky to have her, otherwise who would've beared to accompany me to such a dull gathering without any complaints." He chuckled softly.