One Shot 10♡

Kshitij was excited to go out and play. He was determine to beat his friends in soccer today. It was a Sunday and a sunny day. He loved playing with or against his brother who was equally into the sport. Today, he was going to play with Utkarsh on his side.

He wore his favourite soccer shoes and was about to grab a ball from the rack when a hand beat him.

He looked up to see his mother appearing very furious, holding his football.

"Where are you going?" She narrowed her eyes.

Kshitij gulped.

"To play." He simply told his mother.

"No. You won't be going out anywhere." She said in a strict command.

"But Mom, Utkarsh and I have a soccer match today. We have to go." Kshitij argued, suddenly panicking.

Ambar was in a no mood to listen. She locked the door quickly before Kshitij could protest and throw a fit.

He was a rebellious kid.

Meanwhile Utkarsh came out, hurtling in his grey jersey and shoes.

"Come on. Kshitij, we must not be late. Our team is waiting." He stopped talking when he peered at his mother.

He gasped when he saw her guarding the front door. He knew the look too.

Ambar was always a pretty fun mom but when it came to be serious at some matters, she crossed all the limits.

The twins eyed each other because they knew the look their mother was giving them at the moment.

"Mom, we have finished all our work." Utkarsh mumbled and Kshitij nodded frantically.

Ambar crossed her arms, "You won't be playing outside. Infact, you can't step a foot outside." She told them.

"But Adam, Ryan, Omar and the rest.."

"They're not coming either." Ambar interrupted one of them.

She knew it was hard but this was for their own safety.

Covid-19 or Coronavirus was spreading on a rapid pace and killing many of the infected patients around the world. There were no vaccines or medications otherwise Ambar would have gone to get one for her family.

The only solution to avoid getting it was to stay indoors.

She was glad that Nakul wasn't traveling anymore otherwise she would had been perturbed.

They were all under lockdown and so were her mother-in-law and Nakul's Aunt who were living in a new bought penthouse in the neighborhood.

Even her family in India were all at home. Though the situation there were a little better than the United States but they all had to be cautious.

Her friends Vashisth and Olivia had called her first in the morning to check with her. They were expecting their first baby so they would mostly stay home and call Ambar everyday.

Ambar had already stored the vital groceries and the medicine at home.

Everyone were worried about this pandemic except for the twins who were seething in anger.

"Why can't we go out?" Kshitij queried.

"Because it's not safe." Ambar answered as she took the napkin and wiped the door knob with the disinfectant.

She was tired, tidying up the place since she woke up.

Nakul was obviously on a conference call otherwise he would have surely helped.