When did we stop part 2

Klaus never tried to contact me. Once I left the city and moved he had no interest in me. Or at least that is what it felt like. When we first met I thought he was my forever but it seems that it wasn't meant to last. A month after we broke up I found out I was pregnant. I was going to tell him but I decided not to last minute. I did try calling him but he was always to busy. I didn't want to disrupt his life especially as he made it clear he didn't want me a part of it. But here I am in Labour with my mother by my side holding my hand.

"I know you don't want to love it's just I think klaus has the right to know"

"He wouldn't want this with his life."

"Well you don't know that because you have never given him the choice"

"Mum he doesn't car-AHHHHHH" I get cut off by a torturous contraction.

"I'm calling him"

"Mum no I'm in Labour I'll tell him after"

"No we are doing this now what's his contact in your phone?" She asks whilst scrolling through my contacts

"Mikaelson bitch" I respond and my mum smirks and chuckles at me. She rings and he picks up after the third one.

"Y/n?"

"This is her mother"

"Oh hello miss y/l/n what's the matter?"

"Y/n is in Labour and I thought you should know"

"Why does it involv- it's mine ISNT it?"

"Yes klaus" it's complete silence until klaus speaks up

"Alright I'll be there as quick as possible just tell her to hold on" my mother nods and hangs up the phone holding my hand and guiding me through another contraction. About twenty minutes later there is a knock at the door. The doctor opens it and klaus runs up to me. He immediately takes my hand in his and uses his other hand to stroke my face.

"Love oh my goodness how is everything?"

"I'm okay obviously it hurts but I'm happy you are here" we stare at each other and smile for what feels like an eternity.

"Okay the baby is crowning and we are ready for you to push" the doctor states and I give klaus a nervous glance. I get ready to push and I squeeze klaus' hand. He kisses my temple.

"You are doing so well darling"

"Just one more push miss y/l/n"
I push once more and a baby is passed into my chest. A towel covers it and I stroke it's head and give it a kiss.

"Congratulations you have a beautiful baby boy" me and klaus glance at each other then back at your baby

"Klaus would you like to cut the cord?" The midwife asks

"Erm" klaus looks at me for approval and I nod immediately

"Go on klaus this is a rare opportunity" he smiles and goes to cut the cord. I cradle my baby and tears start to leave my eyes. Klaus comes back over to me.

"Can I hold him?" He asks with pleading eyes

"Of course Klaus" I smile and hand him our son. His eyes glisten as he looks at the baby. I smile to my mother as she leaves the room. The baby falls asleep and we place it in the incubator. Klaus comes back over to me and begins storming my cheeks with his thumbs. He kisses my forehead before sitting on the bed next to me. He lifts me up and gets behind me and I place my head on his lap. He chuckles as I get comfortable.

"Klaus?"

"Yes"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you I tried but you never picked up. I assumed you wanted to forget about me so I stopped calling. But I should have tried harder. This is your child." Klaus shakes his head and kisses me on the cheek.

"I should have picked up but I didn't. Not because I didn't care but because it hurt so much because as soon as we broke up I realised how much I loved you"

"Do you want to try again?"

"Mhm" I mumble as I fall asleep in his loving arms.