You look happier- elijah mikaelson

Elijah and I were so in love. Everything was so perfect. We decided to have a baby together. Obviously he can't have kids as a vampire so we used a doner. When I was three months Elijah demanded a divorce. It was so sudden and he never told me why. We now have a beautiful daughter who is now five years old. She has Elijah's hair and my eyes. I met a guy called Caleb about two years ago. Today is our wedding day. I'm currently getting ready with my daughter.

"Momma?"

"Yes Elodie"

"Do you like my dress"

"Oh Elodie you look lovely. Do you like my dress?"

"You look like a princess" my daughter says and my heart melts at her sentence. My maid of honour Rebekah should be here soon. We stayed best friends even though mr and Elijah split up.

Elijah's POV

"Oh come on Elijah" Rebekah moans at me.

"I'm not going Rebekah how can I see the woman I love walk down the aisle to someone else"

"You fucking left her Elijah in case you forgot. She's my best friend and I'm so happy for her. She deserves this so grow the bloody hell up and get ready" I nod my head. I know Rebekah is right. She does deserve love. She deserves the world. It's just a ahem that I can't be a part of it.

Y/n POV

It's finally time to walk down the aisle. My dad hates my new boyfriend. He always got along with Elijah so he isn't here today. My mother however has volunteered to walk me. I'm sat here biting my nails. It's the most surreal moment of my life. My mother Wraps my arm round hers and we get ready to walk down the aisle.

"You ready?" She asks me

"Mhmm" I say in response. I feel if I open my mouth too much I'll throw up from nerves.

The music starts playing and we start walkingn. I look down the benches seeing familiar faces until I see the one face I hoped I would look at on my wedding day. He smiles at me. I hoped this moment would be between us two. But he wrecked everything. Everything for nothing. I shrug it of and keep walking. I arrive at the alter and the vicar begins talking.

"Does anybody object to this marriage?" I look at Elijah. Almost wanting him to object but he doesn't. Slight disappointment washes over me.

We get to the reception and everyone starts doing speeches.

"Does anyone else have anything they would like to say before the cake cutting"

"I would" Elijah says as he stands up.

"Y/n nobody hurt you like I did. But no one loves you like I love you. I'm not taking it personally that your moving on. Cause y/n you look happier, you do. I mean I knew one day you would fall for someone new. My friends say one day I will feel it too. Until then I will smile to hide the truth. But I know I was happier with you. But if he breaks your heart like lovers do just know that I'll be waiting here for you." Elijah finished and I'm fully in tears.

That guy right there was my soulmate. I guess right person wrong time is real.