Maybe Cate will be there...

Scrolling on your phone looking at pictures of Cate just like any day.
A picture of her on the red carpet for an awards show, she looks incredible! You only live a couple of hours from where they hold those awards each year, it's coming up soon actually.

You get onto google to see its 4 weeks away!
Cate has been a regular attendant of the show each year for the last 3 years, could she be attending this years?!

Google had taken you to the awards shows website. As you're scrolling through the history of the show & some pictures they have. You notice on a side tab it says *buy tickets*
WHAT?! I can go?! You click the tab bringing up a page that says "red carpet & awards show general public tickets" followed by "Your chance to get up close & personal on the red carpet with your favourite film stars, walk the red carpet followed by your own seat to watch the awards" you click tickets are, only $150! You have the money.
Your job takes up most of your time so you don't really spend your money. You brain ponders on what you would wear, who you would talk to if you went.
But one thought that couldn't escape your mind was,
'maybe Cate will be there.'
You can't shake that feeling of hope, the dream you may be able to just see her momentarily in the flesh.
You buy a ticket.
Lucky you have the day off work because the excitement is so high!
You message your manager to take 3 days off for the event. You want the day before the event, the day of the event & the day after off. Giving you time to prepare & recover after.
You decide to drive to the local shopping area, heading directly to the suit section.

Three very kind ladies come to assist you, you explain to them what the event is, they try to get you to try on some exquisite dresses, but you insist you want a suit.
You love to mix the look of "masculine" clothing with a girly face, hair, shoes or accessories & it is something you feel comfortable yet also utterly empowered.
This is yet another reason you adore Cate so much.

One of the women helping seems to understand your vibe, she brings you the suit of your dreams. Your eyes light up when you see it being presented to you.
You can see in the ladies eyes that she knows it is just what you wanted, giving you a wink before she excitedly asks if you'd like to try it on.

You quickly slip on the suit, then your heels that you wore to the mall & god do you feel like a boss.
The suit is perfect everything about it, from the cut, the colour, the finer details, the length. Everything.

The ladies who have been assisting you are waiting outside of the change room.
You think youd better show them, plus you are feeling good but of coarse that little bit of doubt slips into your head as you start to think of the "maybe Cate will be there" which brings on the doubts; What would she think of the suit? I wonder if she'd like it? Would I look like I'm just copying her style?
You quickly shake the thoughts & step out of the change room to the awaiting store assistants, you think their opinion would be good.

"Oh. My. God."
Says the lady who found the suit for you in a very proud way.
The other two standing with smiles. You feel a flutter of insecurity & nervousness.

"Does it look ok?"
you say shifting on your feet in an unsure way looking in the mirror past them while fiddling with your hair & the suit.

"Ok?!"
Says one of the other ladies in a sarcastic sort of way.
You look at the three nervously.
she goes on loudly
"You look..."
followed by a whisper (to hide her expletive)
"fucking"
followed by an extremely loud
"INCREDIBLE!"
You nervously laugh & stop the shifting from foot to foot, the other lady walking behind you adjusting the shoulders of the suit in a comforting way (she can tell you're nervous)
She gets close
"It's like this suit was made for you, you carrying it so well now, the energy you have in it, looking this good just in a mall, I can only imagine how good you're going to look at the event, you'll have to bring in some pictures after"
She says

A warm feeling of appreciation & comfort falls over you.
You thank the ladies immensely & assure them you'll bring in pictures, getting their names. You have your outfit.
You check your phone to see your manager has messaged you to say your days off are approved.