Spare Time

You spend the extra 20 minutes in incredibly deep conversation, talking about how you become a fan of hers (each time you mention how something she had done effected you in an incredibly educational & positive way she tries to deflect it & tell you it's because of you as a person not her, she's so modest for such an incredible icon)

You tell her what you do for work, some personal things about your life that have shaped you & built you to the person you are today.

You pause the conversation, Cate has been quiet for a little, her chin rests on one hand like a beautiful scene from a film, the other holds your hand playing with one of your rings replying with soft hums & few words asking questions on certain topics.

You're concerned you're boring her & look into her eyes & instantly, almost like she has read your mind, again she smiles, a reassuring smile, a smile like you've only seen very few times in photos of her.
It gives you a feeling in your stomach, what you rule down to butterflies, but butterflies are far lesser than what you're experiencing inside.

Fuck well the person who named them butterflies surely didn't have Cate Blanchett smile at them.
You think to yourself.

Her smile lines & those beautiful tiny eye creases of hers become visible, you feel such warmth & radiance shining from her, her smile is what you could only describe as transparent. Not an artificial transparent, transparent in a way like you can see her warmth, her kindness, her soul within that smile coming through, the truest smile you think you've ever seen.

She begins to speak
"Im so glad I seen you earlier, you are just incredibly refreshing. It's just..... "
She pauses adjusting herself leaning away slightly, playing with her rings a little looking at you with a vulnerability you've never seen.
You know she's about to open up to you about something, her body language is showing a little bit of restraint but you can tell in her eyes she knows she can trust you.

She continues
"Before I attend something like this, I normally wake up in such a quiet state. Sometimes, most of the time, with few exceptions, I'm alone. Then all of a sudden like a typhoon, I am surrounded by a incursion of people, complete chaos, then construction on me begins"
She says with a modest like eye roll

"Pfft construction sounds a bit exaggerated" you say making a funny face, trying to lighten things up for her. She gives a grin, you smile reaching out to hold her hand causing her to smile a humble smile.

She grasps your hand in an thanking way, her body language much more open as her body tension relaxes as she continues on
"Then once I'm done I'm moved on yet still surrounded by the noise, the hustle & bustle all the way to transportation, then, alone again. Me, a driver & an assistant. I'm thankful for my regular assistant she keeps that casual bit of chatter & normalcy. But times like today, in places my regular assistant can't make it to, there is no chatter or normalcy, there is silence & I find that's when everything dawns on me, when I feel the most alone, nervous or troublesome thoughts float into my mind.
But this afternoon, tonight, I seen you, at a moment the chaos of my mind was there we passed you & it was like I felt an energy.
That's why I asked the driver to stop for a moment."

You look at her puzzled
"You asked him to stop?"
You ask

"Yes darling, it's just.."
She takes a breath
"When you live this life for years, you come to see people for who they are, you can sense people who are artificial & who are the opposite. The later, they stand out, they have an energy. But the moment I seen you, it was something I hadn't felt before, then to see how you were cleared everything on my mind & gave me an incomprehensible feeling that I'm still not quite sure what it is, so I had to meet you & after spending time with you & speaking with you, I'm incredibly glad of the circumstances."
She says

You both stare into one another's eyes, in such a strange way. After Cate saying those words, such unbelievable, mind boggling words, you couldn't know what to say & you don't have to say a thing. What your eye contact is saying to one another is far beyond vocal dialect, it's much more boundless.

You hear heels approaching
"Oh mama, where are you & miss suit!? "

You both look to see Sandra damn Bullock walking in with a bottle of tequila smiling a cheeky smile as she comes to sit at the table

Cate scoffs & laughs & you laugh quietly at the sheer unbelievable circumstance of this all.

"I hope I'm not interrupting ladies"
Sandy says in a seductively cheeky way as she pours you all some tequila

"Oh honey, you know you always do"
Cate says in a sarcastic funny way giving Sandra a kiss on the cheek before adding
"It was the organiser who sent you in wasn't it"
in her cheeky 'I know everything' way

"Oh baby, you know I just like to interrupt all the fun."
Sandy says in a humerus sarcastic way
"They asked me how mad you'd be if one of them come in & I wanted to come see you two anyhow, so we all thought I'd be the best one"
Sandy adds with a wink, smiling at the both of you.

After that Sandy introduces herself properly to you
"Hi I'm Sandra, but feel free to call me Sandy, San..."
Cate cuts her off jokingly saying
"You can call her anything she's easy"
You all giggle

"Oh baby you know I'm not easy unless it's with lovely ladies like you two"
Sandy replies in that flirty funny voice she does.

You make one of those goofy faces of yours & introduce yourself properly
"Well it's an absolute pleasure to meet you properly Sandra, My name is (Y/N), I'm a huge fan, truly & god it's good to see you are truly humerous & down to earth!"
You say.

"I like her!"
says Sandy in an excited happy way, a little tipsy but you can tell she means it & she's obviously letting her hair down for the night which you love!

"Oh I really like her too & she's far more than just a pretty face too, you'll see"
Cate says back to Sandy in a proud tone, shooting you a smile & her signature two eye wink.

"Well lets get the afterparty started sexy ladies" Sandy says holding her glass up for a cheers, smiling at you both, you all clink glasses & drink as the other guests begin enter through the walkway...