Now I Understand the Feeling 'Flung Out of Space'

You grab some massage oil from beside the bath, pour some onto your hands & rub it between them to heat it.

"Head down"
you say, she tilts her head down.
You spread the oil with flattened palms gently but firmly following the arch of her neck downward to the contours of her back feeling each muscle. The smell of the oil is incredibly relaxing you, both of you taking deeper breaths, you can hear your heart beating as you massage in a rhythm to the pulse on your fingertips. unsure if it is your own or Cates.

You place your thumbs either side of her spine starting at the bottom smoothly rolling your thumbs upwards, noting each small dip & curve until you reach the nape of her slender swan-like neck. You spread out your fingers & run them upward, feeling each muscle before reaching her soft hairline, you trail along it gently, using your pinky finger to gently move the few strands of her loose hairs out of the way, as you move the hairs goosebumps raise over her skin.

This is heaven, this moment is so serine. To know you are helping her as well as the faint sound of the music, the water slightly moving around you, being able to feel her silklike skin. Her body loosely sways with the movements of your hands in relaxation, you cant think of a more beautiful scenario as you feel her muscles loosen under your touch.

"Oh that is incredible"
she lets out with an exhale, her voice low, sounding satisfied. You can feel from the taut muscles under your hands that she is smiling.

"Do you get massages often?"
You ask

She sighs "Not at all really, I try to get a massage the morning of a red carpet, if I have time that is. But they aren't relaxing massages. In those massages I'm pummelled like kobe beef"
She says, You both laugh before she continues
"It's hard to make time weather it be in work time or home time, maintaining that balance between work life and family life is difficult enough let alone with four children. Work time tends to be my time because I love it so much, but as soon as work time is done and events are over, I'm back to parenting & pyjamas. But as much as it can be tiring the rewards are infinite".
She says in a thankful tone

"I think that's what makes you so incredibly remarkable. That dramatic contrast of the completely different aspects your life & how you so easily slip between them, because as much as it may come naturally for you to do
and it is  normal to you, it really is so incredible"
You say

"It's just how things work, how me & Andrew have made things to accommodate work & family, it's just life really"
she says humbly

You can't help the feeling you get in your stomach when you hear his name. A mix of jealousy, anxiety, panic. No matter what agreement may be in place it doesn't stop your natural reaction.

You take a breath
"Well as much as you are modest, I respect you both so greatly for being so incredibly hard working. You're in the spotlight yet still so humble & family orientated"
You say

"Darling how you see things is beautiful, you really are special you know that."
she say as she rubs your leg that lies beside her.

"But you know it's perfectly fine & necessary to take time for yourself, it's not unfair or selfish ."
You begin to say

"Well-."
She tries to interject in a selfless tone

"Uh uh"
you say pausing massaging for a moment, not letting her say anything because you already know what she was going to say.

You continue..
"People need to recharge sometimes, not just you either, Andrew too. And that doesn't mean on work time either, or when your at home doing things, I mean taking self care time, time for this"
You say