Today is the day

You wake up.
Today's the day.
You get your outfit together, take it to your car.

You do your hair & makeup.
For the first time in your life you can't pick out one thing that you're unhappy with about either of them, your happy with how you look.

You jump in the car & start your journey, planning to stop just over half way to get into your outfit.

As you're about to pull up to the events location your are thinking to yourself; The car ride has actually been a pretty good one, you've played your favourite songs, the traffic has been minimal, you've got to the venue without getting lost, well terribly lost. & look you're so lucky they have valet parking!

The valet takes your car & your key & gives you your slip.

Walking toward the event checking in your bag that you have everything.
You're thinking, water yes, tissues yes, i.d yes, ticket SHIT. Your ticket!

Quickly scrambling back to the valet entry speaking with the guy who took, he says it's not an issue & to follow him.
"where are you from"
he asks as you both walk toward the valet parking entry

"oh just a small town, you wouldn't know of it" you reply as he nods at the security to let you pass them.

He guides you to the side letting a very high end van like vehicle with tinted windows creep past, the driver giving a slight wave as he drives past slowly & stops up ahead.

The valet parking is very secure & god you can see why once we pass through the boom gates. In awe of all of the incredible cars that are surrounding, he chuckles at your reaction
"Car fan are you?"
He asks

You giggle & nod
"Oh god yes! I only get to come to the city for special events & we rarely have cars like this in my town"
You reply, making an expressive goofy face, both laughing together.

"You are something different, I must say."
He says

You look at him with a puzzled look.

"You're just very down to earth, you are funny & are incredibly beautiful. You look like a celebrity yourself & I didn't expect you talk to me much, let alone be like this"
he says with a humble grin.

You return a smile
"my mother always told me to treat others how I want to be treated, we are all equal"
sharing a smile.
"I see my car!"
You shout with a childlike excitement.

"I'll wait & hold the elevator while you go grab your tickets so you're not late"
he says

"Thank you so much!"
You reply
whist giggling at yourself doing a slight jog in high heels & pulling a funny face.

Causing him to have a laugh & reply
"You really are something different"
he says again in a humble way while walking towards the elevator shaking his head smiling to hisself.

Still jogging you look to your left to see the van that was up ahead, the driver seemingly conversing to someone in the back & them having a chuckle together as he looks in your direction, smiling once his chuckle ends

"I remember boob tape but forget my fucking ticket"
you say to the driver in a laugh.

Sparking laughter with him & whoever was in the back.

You grab your ticket from the car & quickly light a cigarette beginning your comedic shuffle back to the elevator

"Have a good night"
the driver says.

"You too!"
You reply with a funny smile, setting off another round of giggles in the van yet again.

Finally reaching your seat at the edge of the red carpet.

Waves of nervousness shutter over you.
The chaos had kept your mind busy, only now that you are sitting waiting for the red carpet to being are you able to think.
You're about to see & possibly interact with so many people you look up to so much & CATE. Might. Be. Here.

You take a deep breath & smile at the girl next to you introducing yourself & having a friendly chat.

Around 25 minutes passes by.

The red carpet has been incredible.
Nicole Kidman just waved at you as she walked by being hurried by assistants.

You think to yourself how it's a shame she wasn't able to stop, it's unfair that they shove the celebrities along, they really don't  have much of a choice if they stop when they're not allowed the show becomes delayed.

You quickly walk away from the red carpet to have a quick cigarette to calm your anxiety a little while you come to terms with how surreal this whole afternoon has been already.

You exhale your puff of smoke whilst looking at the closed, normally busy street, police are at either side. The road is only for drivers of the stars to get them to the beginning of the red carpet.

You hear a horn honk in a happy manner.

You squint past the setting sun to see the same van from earlier passing slowly, the driver waving at you,
You can't see the back from the tinted windows.

You wave back smiling with a slight giggle.

Holy shit! you think to yourself.

He is a driver for a celebrity! That means whoever was in the back & you made laugh, was a celebrity. Woah! You wonder who!

You put your cigarette in a nearby ashtray along the street & hopelessly run back to your seat.

You sit back down, it takes a little while for the stars to make their way along the carpet as it has a few twists & turns & there is a lot of media outlets.

Some more smaller stars pass taking time to offer pictures etc it's all very relaxed until you hear the crowd & photographers up ahead, just out of sight become increasingly excited & loud.
It's like a tsunami of sounds, they're yelling & clapping & you can feel this huge energy!

"I wonder who this will be!"
You say to your newly made friend beside you "they're saying something but I can't really make out what it is just yet"
she replies.

Imagine if it's is who you made laugh earlier! Don't be silly!
As dream like & surreal as today has been there's no chance some no body, goofball like you has made a star who causes that much uproar on a red carpet laugh, let alone would they even notice you in the first place.
You think to yourself.
Or would they..

The flashes are getting closer, as is the chaos & clatter.

"They're saying Cate!"
Your neighbour says to you.

You suddenly start to tremble & your pulse beats faster just the thought she could be here!

You turn & reply
"If it's Cate Blanchett I'm going to need a damn ambulance because the reason I got my ticket was based on the slight possibility that she may be here!"
You express

She laughs & is trying to look & hear what they are saying ahead.

"I just heard Blanchett"
she says

As soon as she says that you look ahead, standing on your tippy toes you catch a momentary glimpse of blonde hair & it feels like time slows down.

You flatten your feet, having to ground yourself in fears you might fall.
Everything sounds as though your underwater. Like you're in a dreamlike state.

You take a deep breath, calming yourself. Or trying to at least.

You look up ahead & it's the woman you have idolised for many years, a goddess who has inspired you & driven you to educate yourself in so many things.

She's around 50 meters ahead but yet you're happy enough to even be in that proximity of her. She is other worldly, even more so in person, there aren't words to explain It.

You are watching as she is very slowly inching towards your section of the red carpet. In just a few minutes you will be only an arms length apart from one another as she walks by.......