Part 10

I did a short little thing, please check it out.

The Feast: https://www.wattpad.com/story/273484507-the-feast

And thank you for your sweet comments :) 

======

Two weeks had passed, but not much had changed.

You longed for the noisy meals, the quiet, witty family evenings, but most of all for Alcina.

Mom had not been ignoring you, rather choosing not to interact with you, nor Cassandra. There were times when both of you had caught each others' eye but quickly glanced away. At least you did, out of embarrassment.

What must she think of you? Had she started to understand the situation you were in?

No, she expected more of you.

You had an emotional agreement that nothing was a secret and you broke it for the sake of another 5 minutes of peace. Well worth it.

One night you cracked open a couple bottles of wine, hoping the contents would give you the liquid courage to go up to Lady Dimitrescu and demand her love back, however it spectacularly backfired and you ended up in your room crying and feeling sorry for yourself because nobody would ever love you again. All that resulted of it was the girls next morning mentioning the moroaicas' wailing was particularly loud the night before.

You had a look at the songbook to study a new music sheet but everything reminded you of mom. You rated everything in accordance to what she would have liked and didn't know another way with music. So that was also a no.

Walking into the snow was a little bit too dramatic, so you focused on your studies.

What the lack of sex does to a person....

NOW you could understand Cassandra!

Your sister didn't seem much better than you, but the good thing that came out of the whole situation is that at least now your bickering had stopped and you were becoming quite good friends. She even joined in on your little card game when you went "hunting" again.

'Karl sent me a note.' she casually dropped.

She looked at you three staring blankly at her.

'I didn't respond!'

'Ok...' Daniela nudged her to continue.

'Apparently he misses me and wants to see me again.' she said with a hint of pride.

'I'm not doing this again!' you fired.

'Don't worry, I plan on ignoring him until he gets bored and stops.'

'Cassandra... I swear to fuck...' you started saying but she cut you off.

'I learned my lesson! Besides, he wasn't that great anyway... ' she threw a card out.

'I mean if you're REALLY desperate we can just turn around while you do your thing with our prey....' Daniela graciously suggested.

'Mom says we shouldn't play with food.' Bela reminded.

'Well, I've seen some websites where you can buy stuff... who needs a man anyway?' Daniela smiled.

--

You put your book down and stared at the pattern on the canopy.

Again, the night was being a bit cruel.

With a quick glance at the clock, you realised how late it was, and despite the incessant yawning you still were not able to sleep. You longed for Alcina and her bed. What was she doing now, was she able to sleep? She must also miss you...

That thought, and possibly the lack of sleep messing with your brain, gave you the courage you hadn't had in weeks. Jumping out of bed and putting your nightgown on, you rushed down the hallway to mother's bedroom and softly knocked.

Silence.

You knocked again.

Nothing.

You entered Lady Dimitrescu's room, but she didn't seem to be in there. Neither was the pillow she used to leave out for you.

The room was just as inviting as it had always been, you thought, missing spending the night here. Just as you were about to turn around to leave, you heard movement in the bathroom and Alcina appeared into the room. She looked at you, surprised to see you there, but not angry.

'Can I help you?' She said softly, but her voice was cold.

You just couldn't find the words.

She stared at you, waiting for you to have your say, but instead you broke the gaze and looked down to your feet. Where was all that bravery now?

'Yes?' she snapped her tongue, impatiently.

'I can't sleep.' was all you had the guts to say.

There was silence.

'Go back to your room. You need to learn to sleep alone.'

'I miss you.'

Alcina looked at you. You noticed hesitation for a split second, but her expression went straight back to blank.

'You need to sleep on your own.'

You launched towards Lady Dimitrescu, abandoning all caution and startling her. 

You didn't even care when her claws suddenly ejected.