Part 16

The pretty sight of dust particles against sunlight distracted you for a few moments. It looked so nice outside you nearly wanted to attempt a little bit of sunbathing out on the patio. Nearly.

Although the snow was thawing right now there was a promise of a new blizzard in the next few days. You sighed loudly.

'Keep still!' Bela demanded. Looking fixedly at you from behind the canvas. 'I'm trying to capture your expression'.

'Cool, can I go?' Daniela asked expectantly. My ass hurts.

'Yeah, but I'll need you back here later so I can do your clothing details'. Bela had hardly finished the sentence when Daniela turned into a mass of flies and made her way out of the atelier. Bela rolled her eyes.

Bela was a wonderful painter and she decided to gift mother a big portrait of the four of us. She was using a photo for mother's likeness, so that she could make it a surprise, but asked her sisters to pose for her. After nearly half a day of sitting, you were bored out of your mind and were now most certainly paralyzed. At least you hadn't felt your legs in about half an hour.

Bela was able to do quick work of her art but her perfectionism would kick in and she'd spend inordinate amounts of time on small details. Cassandra had tried to convince her to take a picture to use as a guide to no avail. Bela loved the old process and was not willing to compromise her artistry.

'What do you think is happening with this Rosemary business?' Cassandra spoke.

'I don't know, but something is definitely underway' you tried to keep your expression as still as possible while responding.

'I think they're here.'.

'Huh?'

'I think Rose is here. Nearby.'

'What makes you think that?' Bela quipped in, now also interested.

'Well... think about it. We've been hearing about this more and more in the past few months. And mother Miranda seems to be around a lot more often. And calling meetings a lot more often, hardly ever about the local system.'

'Wait, so does this mean she is ready to do her hocus pocus thing to bring Eva back?' you turned to Cassandra.

'Hey!' Bela interjected.

'Sorry!' you quickly moved back into position.

'She must be. I've no idea what or how it is. I don't think it's the same thing mom did with us.'

Christmas came and went swiftly. Alcina's mood was much better and it seemed to both you and Cassandra that all had been completely forgiven. It actually seemed Cassandra was not joining the meetings with the "Lords" as the usual business was postponed in favour of whatever was happening with "plan Eva/Rosemary". This confirmed that something was going to happen sooner rather than later.

Lady Dimitrescu. although no longer angry or wary of her daughters, seemed more anxious than usual. She was much more vigilant and this did not go unnoticed, especially in the new year.

'Are you sure everything is ok?' you said tentatively, one night in early January as Alcina was nestling into bed, next to you, having just come back from convening with the staff.

'Just taking a few precautions, that's all.' Alcina smiled and then yawned softly.

'Should we be worried?'

'About what, my pet?'

'I don't know... Heisenberg?' you gulped, not wanting to remind her of the recent events ' Mother Miranda? Eva? Rose?'

'What do you know about Rose?' Alcina asked suspiciously. 'Has your sister been telling you of our private meetings again?'

'She may have said a thing or two' you giggled. 'Not that she seems to know much about it.'

'This is exactly why she doesn't know more about it' Alcina smiled. Her smile had taken a more mischievous turn. She was now caressing your cheek with her fingers. Was she trying to distract you?

'Is there anything we should know?' you took her hand and kissed her fingers.

'Not for now...' Alcina leered over you. She moved her body to hover over yours and you held on to her neck. She gently leaned down and kissed you on your nose.

'Point taken.' you giggled. 'I'll stop being nosy.'

You felt her smile against your neck, as she planted kiss after kiss, trailing down to your bosom. She opened the buttons on your nightie to expose just enough flesh so that she could continue trailing her lips on your skin, whilst travelling downward.

She reached her destination and you comfortably placed your legs on her shoulders as you felt her warm, wet tongue against you.