Chapter Nineteen: A Little Thought

Hey! So first off, sorry that I hadn't posted in a while. I wasn't really going through anything, just was blocked and kind of forgot. Sorry. Second off, I hope having two chapters this week will help.

                                             ~SR

Jam panted heavily as he lowered his hands. He had just finished casting a rather exhausting spell. It was an illusion spell, which surprisingly took a lot of mental focus.

"That was very good!" Fresh smiled happily, chuckling some.

The child nodded a bit, crumbling to his knees some as he lowered his head. He really didn't like how it was feeling right now.

The parasite sighed softly as he noticed the position. He said nothing though. Illusion spells were tricky spells that even make the caster weak if casted wrong. Now the kid did cast it right, he just wasn't strong enough to cast it just yet without the side effects.

Quietly, he moved over to the younger, gently placing a hand on their back. He knew that making too much noise could overwhelm the child at the moment, so he was just wanting to let them know that he was there.

"I... I'm sorry..." The younger whimpered softly. Their eyes were closed tightly, sniffling some.

Fresh just nodded, rubbing PJ's back some more. He will let them know that this was something to expect on their first try.

"I-I'm so... sorry... M-Mommy... D-Dad... Daddy..." The child sniffled some, tears falling from their eyes. Crying didn't help with the headache, it honestly made it worse... But, he had to say something. He had to apologize. He had to...

The witch's eyes widen some at the finished words before narrowing them. He had thought the little one would be over them by now. He had even hoped that they had forgotten them! Damn, if the illusion spells were just going to regress any progress that the bastard made, then it would be best to not teach those spells.

It wasn't long before the strain forced the younger to pass out. The witch sighed softly, picking the smaller one up. Actually, they weren't too much smaller now.

They looked to be a young teenager now. A beautifully blooming teenager. Yet, in all that time, they didn't celebrate a birthday. Truthfully, Fresh couldn't remember if he was ever told.

Humming to himself, the monster thought about what could cheer the younger up... Maybe a new birthday? Yeah! That date could easily be the day the two met! Fresh remembered that day well!

Taking a small breath, the monster smiled sweetly. He wondered what he should do? Bake a cake of course, maybe make them a special present too!

But now the question was, what would Jam like as a gift? It had to be something that couldn't be replaced with ease, even by magic... Or maybe...