Chapter Twenty-Four: Fire

Fresh had noticed how Paperjam had been a bit jumpy lately. Very blushy and submissive looking~ He could tell instantly what was happening to his little Jammy~

It honestly excited him! He just had to wait a little more before he did anything. He also had to make sure that the younger skeleton knew what was happening as clearly as possible. Sure, he's killed and kidnapped, but he wasn't going to hurt someone like that! He knows that's the worse thing the he could do to someone, specially someone he cares about. He also knows that if Jam ever found out, he'd loose so much trust and respect. He doesn't want that.

Sighing some, he deiced that he would make a nice dinner. Something on the sweet side. He knows how much Paper loves sweet things. However, he figured it'd be more romantic and better if they both made dinner.

Fresh hummed softly as he went downstairs to get his little love. The ink skeleton was on his bed, cuddling with his dog, maybe even napping.

Honestly, the parasite hated the dog. The dog took his PJ's attention away from him. The dog was also a strain on his magical ability, however the mutt kept his Jam happy. So, as long as it kept him happy, the witch wouldn't do anything.

Shaking his head, the pale skeleton went over to the teen and shook them awake. They groaned with a displeased look that the parasite found cute.

"Hey, time to wake up." He softly spoke with a smile.

The teen grunted, but slowly got up. The wolf also got up, yawning and growling lowly in obvious displeasure. The ink skeleton lazily patted the wolf's head, a tired look on his face.

"Is it dinner time?" He asked slowly, slurring a few words.

The parasite chuckled softly, smiling to them. "Well, I think it'd be best if we could cook together." He chirped happily.

The dark skeleton frowned, blinking slowly as he let the words settle into his head. It didn't take too long before he finally understood it. He didn't move for a moment, thinking deeply about the situation. He then gave a soft smile, nodding slowly.

"A-Alright... That'd be fun!" He chirped out. He then reached over to his nightstand, grabbing the old grimoire. The grimoire from Fresh's sister. "I thought I saw a recipe that we could try!" He chirped out with that cute smile.

Fresh looked down at the old book, lightly biting his lips. Sighing softly, he nodded with a gentle smile. There were some food recipes in there, few and far between the pages. He kind of thought  those pages were lost or faded enough to not be readable anymore.

Quickly, the pair hurried up the stairs and to the kitchen. For maybe a half hour, everything was going well and the two were laughing softly. Then Jam finally decided to take action.

The witch had his back to the child when he suddenly felt a knife being shoved into spine. He cried out, dropping the pan that was in his hand. The hot liquid burned through his clothes to his bones. He hissed in more pain before yelping at the knife was yanked out of his spine. He crumbled to the ground, blood and magic leaking from wound.

He turned to the teen, who was shakily holding the knife. They looked at him with such hatred and fear and hurt... As if he was the one who stabbed them in the back!

"J-Jammy?" The witch muttered, reaching out for him.

Quickly, the wolf was on top of the white skeleton, pinning him down. The dark monster sobbed softly, dropping the knife and grabbing the book. As fast as he could, he ran away from the kitchen. The animal didn't follow.

Blinking some, the teen looked back, breathing heavily. Sniffling heavily, he summoned a fire ball in his hand. The fire glowed brightly, its heat making him pull back. Wincing, he threw it into the dining room, swiftly setting the room ablaze. He then threw another one up the stairs before leaving. That type of fire loved to spread quickly... And he knew it would only be a matter of time before it all was just burning down.

Fresh growled as he saw the fire spark in the dining room, he knew what that child was trying to do. Grunting, he tried to get up, to either follow the kid or to stop the fire, yet that damn mutt kept him down! Kept him pinned! That was why the damn dog didn't leave with the child... Stupid mutt.

Sorry if this isn't a good chapter. I've been having writer's block for a while and I really don't know how to continue this book. I still hope you enjoyed it.

                                    ~SR