Chapter Eleven: Witch Practice

Paperjam had been 'missing' for some weeks now. He got used to the odd ways of the house, like how rooms appeared and disappeared and how the house rarely ever changed its size and shape for those rooms. However, he wasn't use to the rules... 

Even though he hadn't tried to escape, he'd still be spanked once or twice for stepping a foot outside of the thorn wall. The spankings only hurt for a few minutes, maybe ten at worse, but he never liked them.

The kid was also bored. They played every game known on the planet more than enough times to be bored of it. Watched every latest and oldest movie. Read every book in the library three times at least! The place had lost its charm and lustered.

Though, Fresh was thinking of things the two of them could do. His mind kept wondering to his practice... The child does ask about it time to time, when he wasn't so scared to speak... 

"Jammy, do you want to learn magic?" The parasite asked, his eyes filled with hope even though the child couldn't see them beyond his sunglasses.

"Bu-But I h-have ma-magic..." He stated, summoning his inky strings to show. 

"No, not that type of magic. Like Witch magic..." He smiled softly, trying to put it in simpler terms. 

"O-Oh... I do-don't se-see why n-not..." Jam was too bored to care and a bit afraid to refuse.

The mage's smile widened as he gave a soft chuckle. He reached out to give the child a friendly pat, but frowned when he saw the child flinch back. 

Fresh sighed lightly and nodded. He didn't want to push his boundaries with the child, but it was starting to get annoying at how every little movement made the younger flinch! The only times he ever laid a hurtful hand on the other was when they tried to leave his enclosure! He made sure to not hurt them any other time!

"Paperjam, you need to trust me... I won't hurt you or anyone else, unless they try to take you away from me. I gave you my word and a witch does not go against their word without serious consequences." The witch told, his voice desperate at this point. He just wanted to hold and hug the child like they used to! Hear them giggle and laugh with true joy and bliss once more!

The child just nodded, still refusing to look the other directly in the eyes. He knew that Fresh wouldn't hurt him unless it was to give him a reasonable punishment... But he was still scared...

"Hey, I know what we can practice first!" Fresh suddenly shouted, grinning widely. 

"W-what?" PJ started shaking a bit. Of course it was a bit unwillingly.

"Why don't we practice fire magic? It'll be easier to do in the kitchen though." He smiled, picking the child up without warning.

Jam squeaked loudly, automatically wrapping his arms around the taller's neck to hold him up. The small dark skeleton buried his head in the other's neck, taking deep breaths to try and calm his racing soul.

He really didn't want to be touched by this monster, not even be near him! Yet, he wasn't big enough or strong enough to say or do anything about it. The small wolf barked and yipped at Fresh, chasing at the white skeleton's heels.

The warlock chuckled at the adorable thing's determination to try and "protect" its owner from him. Even when being domesticated, it knew how dangerous he was.

Once in the kitchen, the older monster sat the smaller being down. He left the room after that, just for a few moments. When he had returned, he was carrying a few candles, an old leather book and a newer looking one.

Fresh placed the newer book in front of his little charmer, his action making the younger confused.

The book was a gold, leather bound book with odd engravings on the front and back. The main picture seemed to be the truck of this great tree of sorts with this soft wool-leather mixture that had a single bone white bead to keep the book closed.

"This book is for your practice. I will teach you the basics of both White and Black magic, then after that you can choose which side you rather be on."

Paperjam looked up at his kidnapper, a bit of hope springing inside of him. Maybe this could be his way out of this hell.

"M-My ch-choice?"

The parasite nodded, his lips pulling into a large smile as a chuckle rumbled in his chest.

"Yes, your choice. I don't care if you choose to practice Black magic like me, or to use White magic. I am going to help you do either one, it's your choice and your choice alone... I promise." The soul-eating monster stated, his words strong and sincere.

Those words made the younger bow his head, a pale magenta blush caressing his cheeks as he unknowingly giggled. The words oddly made his soul skip a beat, but that skip wasn't out of fear, it was out of a strange, new feeling... This feeling made the small child warm and fuzzy, safe, though he was in a room with someone he has deemed unstable and insane.

Fresh felt his soul become lighter at the sound and sight of his Paperjam becoming more at eased with him, whether they know it or not.

"Okay, lets begin with the simple steps, okay?"

Jam nodded, looking back up. Learning magic, a Witch's magic seems to be the only way to escape. So, for now, it seems PJ has to play a good student.