Chapter Nine: The Promises

Fresh walked onto his land, the white wolf that had helped the child escape no where to be seen. 

Which was good, as the witch more than likely would've killed the foul beast! How dare it help the young one leave him! How dare it!

Yet, all animals hide from him, knowing how much pain they would be in no matter what they were. Even if they hadn't angered him, they could be used for many different spells. That, though, didn't matter.

Paperjam squirmed in the white monster's hold, the position he was in starting to hurt. Yet, his squirming was seen as struggling, receiving a light pop on his butt. 

He whined lightly at the stinging feeling, biting hard on the item of his Fallen mother. He wished he could go back... Go back to when he saw that note and just told his mother that he couldn't... That he'd put them in danger by doing that... He failed them...

"Jammy baby, no no, don't cry..." The once nice monster whispered hurriedly, setting the child on the ground, wiping away his prize's tears. "Jammy, it's okay you're going to love it here... It'll be just like before... It'll be perfect! Everyday a beautiful spring day, a day where we can play games and watch movies..." 

Fresh sighed softly as he saw the stubborn child shake his head. No! The child wanted his family! He wanted to go home, to his real home! And be with his real family!

The witch continued to wipe away the tears that fell, worried for the younger. He loved them so much... They filled him with emotions he never even imagine ever existed! He loved them... He didn't want them to go away... But they were crying so much and it hurt the witch.

"Jammy... I love you... Please don't cry... Those two would've killed me if they had gotten the chance..." The parasite tried to explain softly, still the child refused.

His parents wouldn't! They wouldn't hurt his friend if he explained to them what he was doing! They weren't killers, they were kind and understanding people!

"Oh Jammy... You'll learn..." The older skeleton murmured, picking the young one up as if they were a bride. "You'll love it here once more... You won't have to grow old or get hurt... You won't ever want to leave..." The witch murmured, nuzzling the top of the kid's head.

The words frightened the young soul... He wasn't going to leave... The older monster would make sure of it... 

Paperjam sobbed loudly, his cries making the witch frown softly. He didn't want the child to fear him... Nor did he want the child to be crying...

"Jammy, once we get home do you want some chocolate creampuffs?" The monster asked quietly, making his voice sound lovingly. 

The child shook his head as he felt the calm summer's breeze surround them, even though it was early winter... He knew where they were... And he hated that he knew where they were... 

Fresh sighed, knowing that it would take some time for the younger to understand what was going on. He just had to wait...

The witch quickly descended the old wooden stairs to the basement, making the child freak! They were the same steps in his dream!

He squirmed and whimpered harshly, sobbing. 

The taller monster knew why... The dead had gotten to his dreams... They were trying to turn him against him... Yet, he wasn't going to hurt the younger... 

PJ stopped moving when he was yet again hit on his butt. He couldn't see pass the tears that fell heavily from his eyes. The child didn't want to be there... He wanted to go home!

Fresh placed the crying child on soft bed that was in the room. He changed the basement up just for the child. He did it every night while the child was there... 

He washed the cold, brick walls so the blood wasn't there and made them a soft peach color. The floor was changed into concrete covered with soft gold colored carpeting. All signs of torture were gone... Minus the new, blood stain free chains behind the bed... Those were just in chase...

He had also made two smaller rooms. One was a walk-in closet, the other being a modern bathroom. The closet was themed with beige and gold and the bathroom was black and gold. The place looked expensive, but with the use of magic, it honestly costed nothing. Still it all was the best of the best! Only the best for the little one! Only the best! 

"Jammy, calm down... I won't hurt you... Don't worry..." Soothed the kidnapper, massaging the other's back and shoulder with gentle hands. 

The action soothed the little one against his will. Slowly, the tears stopped and the sobbing become nothing but sniffles. 

"See? Better..." Fresh smiled again, untying the scarf around the small one's mouth. "Now I don't want any fighting, I don't want to punish you." He warned, waiting for a response.

Paperjam just nodded, too scared and sad to speak. Even still, the witch took the response and untied the jacket sleeves and unzipped the front. 

"Better?" The odd monster whispered as he continued to stare at his prize as if he was the only thing in the world.

Paper moved away from the other, whimpering. So many bad things could happen and no one would know where they were... He couldn't call for help... He couldn't do anything...

"Love... Why are you afraid of me? I won't hurt you... I won't ever hurt you." The monster couldn't understand why the little one just wouldn't take his word for it! He wouldn't even think of harming them! He'd only give them small punishments worthy of what they did wrong!

"Y-You k-k-ki-killed my p-parents..." The child managed out, terrified of the monster in front... "Y-You k-kid-kidnapped m-me..." He continued, shaking in more fear as the other monster gave a saddened look. "Y-Yo-You c-can h-hurt me d-down h-here... A-and n-no one w-would kn-know..." The inky skeleton whimpered out. 

Instantly, the witch pulled the young soul into a warm hug. He rocked them in his arms, shushing them. He didn't want the young one to be scared of him... Fear him a little so they wouldn't escape, but not like this... This type of fear is the type that'll make them run! 

"I won't hurt you... I won't do anything to you that you don't want me to... I won't hurt anyone else, unless they try to take you away from me..." The witch purred softly, massaging the young one once more. 

"Y-You p-promise o-on y-y-your l-life..." Paperjam whimpered softly, wanting out of the arms of the killer... Badly!

"I promise on my magic and life." He whispered, still rubbing soothing circles in his back. "Unless you need to be punished or run away from me... You understand?" His voice was soft as the clouds, but dark as the night sky without the moon. 

"I-I p-promise..." Paper pulled away from the over baring skeleton, who smiled happily.

"Good! Now, I'll let you get change for the day and I'll come back down in an hour! I'll be teaching you how to bake some trifle cakes." The taller skeleton chirped happily. 

The little skeleton nodded, quickly crawling out of the other's hold. Fresh didn't seem to notice as he happily walked back up the stairs... Locking the door behind him...

What did PJ just promise?