Chapter 11: To the Station (Frank)

This city is soaking wet, some roads turned into ponds of large lilies—the buildings form waterfalls, the sky is cloudy. My sniper rifle rests on my paws and my backpack gives a lot of pain to my back, "Jake, where are you from?" I asked, "I used to live in Eden, a settlement of hunters and gardeners. I ran away and lived by myself inside a hotel because of the things I messed up." He explained.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Are these hunters related to the kidnapping of my sister?" I asked, "I'm sure of that, Darwin and I know that the cat who kidnapped her is Nell." He said. "Nell..." I gritted my teeth.

A couple of minutes have passed and we arrived at a factory. The factory has hanged bodies and a group of cultists wandering around, we stay low and try to figure out a way to pass through. I think I can manage to kill them all, yes... I can kill them all.

I aim my rifle slow and steady to the goat, "Frank what're you doing?!" Jake whispered, "They're in my way." I pulled the trigger and blew the goat's head. "No!" A cultist screamed in sorrow, "Outsiders!" Another cultist shouted out.

"Don't let any of them escape." I said as I started shooting them one by one, Jake stands up and use his bow. I ran and take cover behind a cargo, I strap my rifle and brought out my Mouser pistol.

I got out of cover and aim with my pistol but a tiger shot my shoulder with a crossbow bolt. I screamed and take cover again, I slowly pull out the bolt as I grit my teeth. I break cover and started shooting him from rage. I shot the tiger in the head and his lifeless body fell from the railings on the second floor.

"Frank! Behind you!" Jake warned with his bow ready, I was confused so I take a quick turn and it was a zebra swinging his strange bat at me, my leg was grazed as soon as I dodged his attack. Jake's arrow missed him so I try to shoot the zebra but I ran out of ammo, "Shit!" I quickly brought out the tomahawk holstered on my backpack and dodged his second swing.

I chopped his hand and his screams hurt my ears, I roared and tackled him to the ground and raise my tomahawk. "Wait! Mercy!" The zebra begged, I crush his face and growled. The rest of the cultists ran away so I stood up and quickly grab my rifle and shot one, but the rest escaped.

"Dammit they ran away!" I said, "Frank what the hell was that for? We could've just sneak past them!" Jake yelled, I try to calm down and panted. "They ran away..." I said in an angered manner as I face down looking at the zebra corpse.

"That's enough, let's just go to the station to find where your sister is." The raccoon continue to walk. As I pass through the rusted and overgrown factory, I stare at the hanged bodies. "They're all young..." I said. A leopard's belly was cut open showing his intestines as he swings from the faint winds, the possum's eyes are wide open and leaves an expression of pain and sorrow, his mouth's dripping blood.

"That awful smell." The raccoon's about to throw up, "Just keep going, don't mind the stench." I said. After the warehouse, we arrived at the train station entrance, "This is Unity Station, the wolf's here." Jake said, "Then let's not waste any time, let's go." My walking gets a little faster.

The ceiling of the station's collapsed and vines are growing out of it along with a little bit of rain. The bottom of the wide open ceiling has moulds and plants growing. There's some skeletons lying there too, really old ones.

There's hunters scouting the area. We stay low and Jake pat my shoulders then said: "Frank, try not to kill them. They're not as bad as you think." I sighed, "What does it have to do with me? No one should stand in my fucking way." I said, Jake's looking at me with fear. "Frank?" He asked, I sighed. "Fine. Let's just find the goddamn wolf." I said.