Chapter 21: Home (Kieran)

I'm sitting in my office, it was ten years ago when I found Chase in the penthouse's bedroom tied up back in Colorado, she was so skinny and full of scars all over her. She screamed as she saw Dad's body on the floor, we both cried for so long that I can't even remember... we weren't able to get his body, there were guards coming from the stairs and Chase killed everyone with assault rifles.

When we came back home in Idaho, Chase wanted to kill that cat from Colorado because of what happened to Frank and everything—she ran away and never returned...

"How long has it been..." I ponder as I write my journal, I continue to write. Then my chair was shaking and I got startled, "Daddy!" It's just my son Carter, "Hey buddy! What're you doing here in my office?" I pat his head, his tail goes wild!

"Daryl doesn't wanna play with me!" He crossed his arms, "But you're seven! You can play on your own now!" I said, "I don't wanna play alone..." He said, "Alright, how about I play with you instead?" I asked, "You will? Thanks, dad!" Carter rushes outside, I shook my head and chuckle.

I take a sigh, "I wish Dad could see me now..." I step outside my cabin and feel the breeze of the autumn winds, the forest floor is full of orange leaves and mushrooms. I watch Carter run around with his plushie. "Carter don't run." I said, he slowed down, "Sorry dad...".

"Where's your brother?" I asked, "He's with mom, buying some food." Carter replied. "Is that so?" I lean on the porch. "Yep! Can't wait to see them soon!" He said.

I woke up from the rocking chair as I hear both of my kids laughing and playing around, I see my wife and Jake holding a basket of food. "Hey there sleepy head!" Meiji pets my forehead, "I really like your dress." I stood up and kissed her. "Hehe, c'mon kids let's have our dinner!" She called them, "You too, Jake." She looks at Jake, "Thank you, ma'am." Jake replied and we all went inside.

The cabin's really cozy, the fireplace has picture frames of my family, even Dad. We all enjoy our food, Meiji and I keep talking about increasing the size of our house. The kids however only talk about the things from the forest and sometimes played with Jake's fluffy fur while they eat.

It's now nighttime, we all go outside and went to the campsite, there are campers here too. The staff finally started the campfire, I sit on the log with my guitar. I struck a few strings, set the right tones, and I'm ready to play.

My family's sitting in front of me, I smiled at them then I'm ready to play the guitar.

Thank you for reading The Fallen World Part II! I hope you get to share this book with your friends