Chapter 13: The Client (Day of Chase's Abduction)

(Nell): Waking up from the RV after hearing the coyote fox's muffled yelling at the back, "Faye, shut her up." I said, "I don't think this is a good idea, Nell." Faye said as she looks at the back of the RV. "That wasn't a request," I said, Faye sighs and hits the tied-up girl with her metal flask—she finally shuts up.

I look at Tom on my left, he's focused on driving and keeping an eye on the road—but he knows I'm looking at him. "What is it, Nell?" Tom asked, "Oh um..." I scratch my back, "Are getting close?" I asked, "Just halfway there, just go take a nap and I'll wake you up when we arrive." He said.

"Hey, Nell?" Faye asked, "What?" I said, "What's our client gonna do to her?" She asked, I was silent for a moment to think, "I... I don't know." I look at the window and slowly shut my tired eyes.

I woke up, we're finally in Colorado, early in the morning—we park at the entrance of a large building, there are guards everywhere, they look highly elite. "Nell, bring her in." Tom said, "Faye, you stay here-this is serious business we're dealing with." I told to Faye, "I understand, I'll go read a book." She replied. "Good girl." I step out of the RV and pick up the coyote from the back—she's exhausted.

"Where's the boss?" Tom asked the guards as we enter the building. "Adam? He's on the rooftop, take the elevator to the left." The guard explained, "Thanks." Tom said. The middle of the lobby has this strange sculpture of tormented animals merged together, it's made of stone and plants grow around them as it faces to the sky.

We're now inside the elevator, there are two guards behind us—which were intimidating to look at. The whole ride takes a minute to reach the roof, then the door opened. I can see the view of the city, it's a little cloudy and the view of waterfalls are are pretty.

A tall shirtless deer in the distance is facing back, he has tally mark scars all over his body. He's strangling a collie with his hand raising him up high. "P-Please! I-I-I tried t-to kill h-him!" The collie's legs are kicking furiously. "I am disappointed in you, Alan." Adam spoke. His grip gets tighter, "D-Don't!" The collie shed more tears then the deer crushed his neck, the collie's kicking stopped.

Tom and I are silent, then we slowly approach him but suddenly he furiously slammed the collie's body to the ground, which made a loud crush. He checks the body and ripped his tail, then stomped his head—crushing him. I almost threw up from the gore and the stench, but I resisted—just barely.

He dropped the tail and turn back, looking at us. "You..." He said, looking at the girl I'm carrying. "The one who murdered my daughter." He steps closer. He went silent for a moment, staring at her. "Drop her." He ordered, I drop the girl to the puddle, she groaned in pain—she's trying to break free from the plastic restraints, he gets even closer and he's really big! He's twice my height!

He ripped out the restraints and take off the tape on her mouth, "I'll fucking kill you!" The coyote yelled, the deer stepped on her, stopping her from moving. "You fuckin' twat!" She said, "So you're the one who killed my daughter, what is your name? Hmm?" He asked, "My name's Chase, the one who killed your fucking daughter!" She yelled and his foot's slowly crushing her, she groaned in pain.

"Before she turned into the leader of Fate Watch, she was an innocent, kind little reindeer. But everyone tormented her since she never fights back, she was devastated, humiliated, and scarred." He explained. "I don't give a shit about that bitch." She shouted at him, he stomped her real hard—she screamed.

"I am not going to kill you, no. I want to keep you alive, so I can show you how much I have waited for this moment. You will pay." He said, "About my pay..." I said, the deer looks at me. Tom gritted his teeth and quietly said: "Nell!", "Oh yes, your pay..." the deer snaps his fingers and the guard showed us a briefcase which he then opens it.

I see a pile of credits inside, I pick them up but then I realised: "Wait... this isn't the right amount! Where's the rest of them?!" I asked, "Pardon?" He stares at me with a menacing gaze. I'm shuddering from fear.

"N-Nothing, we'll be taking this. Nell, let's go." Tom grabbed my paw and went back in the elevator, as the elevator door slowly shuts, his face still haunts me as he's about to pick up Chase from the ground.

Eden, the large settlement made from the overgrown railway and houses that I call home, owned by P.A.C.C., also known as those damn wolftroopers. The buildings are decorated with potted plants and large vegetation, the ground's covered by a stone brick path, the settlers here are lively and nice to each other, as soon as we enter the gate and park at the garage of the apartment, I quickly get off the RV and growled. Tom gets off and so is Faye. "Nell, you've been really angry ever since you left that building, what happened?" She asked.

"It's nothing! I'm going to my room!" I rushed to the exterior stairs of the apartment and enter my room. My room's decorated with potted plants and posters of music artists, everything's well organised and the window shows the view of the giant greenhouse. I'm not in the mood to relax! I screamed and threw a chair at the wall and it crumbled—the chair's destroyed, "Oh for fucks sake!" I shouted and lie on the bed sobbing.

"Hey! What the hell's going on there?!" The old goat in the other side of the room shouted, "Shut the fuck up!" I shouted and get back to crying. I hear knocking from the door, it's probably Tom. "Nell? It's Thomas, can you let me in?" He asked, "No!" I shouted, "Nell." He said again, "No!" "...Nell?" "I said no!" "...Flat." "You gotta be kidding me!" I get up from bed and furiously open the door.

"What?!" I shouted, Tom sighed and crossed his arms. "You should really control your emotions, Nell." He said, I take a deep breath and calmed down a bit. "What is it, Tom?" I asked, "I just wanted to know how you're doing, may I?" He asked so I let him in my room.

"Huh..." Tom looks at the crumbled wall, I sit on my bed holding my mushroom plushie. "I was thinking of visit the greenhouse tomorrow before we take on another bounty." He said as he looks at the window. I sighed and flop down on the bed. "I'm fucking tired of bounties, that whole trip of going to Idaho just to get one thousand credits?! Give me a fucking break.".

"Well you win some you lose some." He said, "How come you're always calm?!" I said, "That's because I don't think." He said, "And what's that supposed to mean?" I asked angrily. "Simple, just don't think." He replied as he looks at my pet beetle Zote inside the terrarium.

"God you're fucking annoying, how come all the girls like you so much..." I said tightly hugging my plushie. "Nell you should go take a rest for now okay? We can explore the greenhouse tomorrow just to make you feel better." "Okay." I said, "Where's Faye by the way?" I asked, "She's at the trading post with some credits I gave her." He said, "I swear to God if she spends those credits for something stupid I'm gonna ban her from playing board games with me." I said then Tom chuckled.

" I said then Tom chuckled