SIX

Update 6
Word count: 1198

On the Saturday morning, I finally got up excited and rushed to drag Cabir from his house.
Wearing a dark brown tee and white hoodie, I looked more charming that day.
Cabir was still sleeping and I almost was going to drown him by throwing a bucket of water.

Uh..not drown literally but he was really getting on my nerves.
I was so excited that day that I didn't wanted anyone to spoil it. My gut feeling was that Nandini would finally open up.

Mukti had some relatives function so she excused herself from attending the college. Dhruv got a date finally and he too ditched us. So finally it was me and the joker.

And we both entered the campus giggling when I saw some seniors from the Harshad gang were ragging some girl. And it was my girl. My jaw clenched and I was going to punch that bloody cockroach if Cabir wouldn't have stopped me.

"What? Don't act so innocent. I saw you yesterday talking to that fellow. Harshad clearly said right?" One of them gritted his teeth.
"I'm going to class." Nandini said and he stood up.
This was the chance.

Cabir immediately took a divider from his bag and placed it silently on the bench. Nandini now was tensed and looked down. When he sat, that cockroach groaned in pain while I appreciated Cabir for this thoughtful act.

We went into the class and she sat beside me today.
"Thanks." She whispered. As I was still angry I didn't reply.
"Its normal for seniors to rag. Don't get angry." She said in her soft voice.

"No." I immediately replied.
"No one should misbehave with you." I said and she went all awww on me. Throughout the class she kept staring at me and my anger reduced a bit.
But it was too late, and she quickly moved out of the class.

Me and Cabir made our way to the parking lot while he casually asked.
"You took Nandini's phone number?"
"Shit! I forgot bro." I said frustrated. My anger is actually bad for me. Late realisation :(
"What kind of a guy are you? Communication is very important in relationships. Take these tips from me okay? But it's costly." He said munching chips.

And then I smirked seeing my car and said,
"No need of your stupid tips."
I flushed my hand inside my jeans pocket and was going to take out my phone but Cabir wiped away the number Nandini had written on the windsheild.
"These lovers don't have any other work, if they find a car, they'll write all these stupid things." He mumbled.

"You dimwit! It was her number." I shouted and he quickly felt guilty.
"Broo! I'm so fucking sorry! Shit..What did I do!! She called me brother and me? I didn't even carry that responsibility! Oh man, whose face did I see when I woke up in the morning!" He ranted.

I rolled my eyes at his dramatic outburst and simply waited for it to complete. When he did, I took a blank promise from him and used it the next minute. I asked him not to eat anything junk for a week and he was going to die due to heartstroke after hearing such things.

Nevertheless he promised and when Mr. Cabir Dhawan promises, he stands upon it. ;)

And after his bantering, he went inside the house as Maa had cooked something delicious. I sighed and leaned on the bonnet of my car to remember her number. It was something 706..and..I guess 702..urghhh!