ELEVEN

Update 11
Word count: 1672

The sunshine making it's way through the curtains, woke me up from a peaceful yet deep slumber. Rubbing my eyes, I shoved the duvet off my body and looked at the clock.

Shit! It was 11 in the morning. And I'm late for the plan that Nandini made. We had discussed to make Mukti and Abhimanyu meet. Groaning in frustration I took my phone and opened the messages.

I smiled sheepishly at her messages and dragged myself to the bathroom

I smiled sheepishly at her messages and dragged myself to the bathroom. After a good long shower, I stepped out and wore a black tee and grey pants. Applying her favourite scent, I moved down to notice Maa and Baba bickering.

"Don't you think it was his mistake?!" Baba yelled.
"Yes it is! But you can't blame him. He was tired after all!" Maa too screamed.
"He was tired? Nyonica he was drunk last night!" Baba said.

Yes! I had two bottles of beer yesterday night and I don't know when sleep took over me. Baba was not so aggressive of my drinking habits. In fact we shared it. What happened to him today all of a sudden?

"Stop it Shri. It wasn't his fault. You were the one who habituated him to drinks. And now don't blame him. And moreover Nandini didn't utter a word. Why are you overreacting!" Maa countered.
"Nandini didn't because she felt awkward. What about us! We're his parents Nyo. And more than that we're his friends. Drinking is okay but sleeping like a donkey till 11 is not!" Baba raised his voice.

"Ehm..are you guys discussing about me?" I asked nervously.
Baba and Maa both glared at me.
"Why didn't you wake up when the alarm rang?" Maa yelled at me.
"Maa..that! I was tired and the hangover.." I was stopped by Baba.

"What! Hangover of just 2 beers! What's wrong with you Manik!" Baba screamed and I tried hard to control my laughter.
"And you were supposed to shout at him for some other reason I believe Mr.Malhotra." Maa added sarcastically.
"Tum baap bete ka kuch nahi hosakta!" She whispered and ran back into the kitchen.

"Baba..you can't vent out your anger at me you know that?" I asked putting a hand on his shoulder.
"Okay fine! But call me too next time. I'll accompany you." He whined like a kid.
"When did Nandini leave?" I asked.
"Half an hour before. She was not at all angry with you. If it would be your Maa, then she would definitely kill me! You're lucky you got a darling girl like nandu." Baba said and I chuckled.

After convincing both of them, I reached my car and immediately called her.
"Morning! Manik listen, I am going to talk to Mukti and you convince bhai about their date. Now Bye! Mukti is here." She said in one go and nothing registered in my head.
And then I got a call from an unknown number.

"Hey, is this Manik?" I heard a man speaking.
"Yep. Who's this?" I asked opening the door of the car.
"Abhimanyu Murthy, Nandi's Anna. I mean brother." He said and I could sense the pride he carried when he introduced himself as Nandini's brother.