NINE

Update 9
Word count: 2500

"Leave her hand!" Shouted the dimwit. Uh sorry! The donkey-pig hybrid. I smirked and clasped her hand more tighter. She wriggled in my grip and continuously glared at me.

"It'll become an issue Manik. Please. I was just kidding." She pleaded now and I hated it. But I couldn't leave her hand just like that. I could let her plead but I couldn't let go her hand.

"3..2..1. Done! I held your hand for a minute." I said excited. And she immediately jerked away from my hand.
"Common you said you'll say it." I whined.
"I said I would. But did I say I'll say it now?" She smirked and left the place giving a last glance towards Harshad.

"What? If you would've held my collar for 5 more seconds, I would have never talked to her. Your bad luck bro!" I said in a sympathetic tone and left from there. I saw his jaw clenching and I liked that.

And then the last I noticed on his face was a dirty smirk. I knew he was upto something but I didn't care.

And after the boring lectures, I asked her to come to a movie with me. But she royally ignored it. I don't know why but I felt she was angry on my behaviour in the morning. And I apologised hundred times but she didn't react.

I called Cabir too to irritate him and he was busy in applying for the course again. So I didn't disturb him much.
Mukti was actually busy with her boutique work and studies. But she managed it well because of one of her allies. Alya. She's a sweet girl and Dhruv is head over heels in love with her.

So I was left with only one option. Maa. But she would tease me very much. And I was ready to go through all of it just for her.
Sighing, I sat back in the car and drove to Malhotra mansion. To my surprise, it was empty and lights were off. First I thought it was a power cut but later I realised we had a backup generator. So even if the power had gone, lights would still be on.

Frowning, I entered inside and tried to switch on the light, just to get surprised by her touch on my eyes. She was having a hard time reaching my height and I chuckled upon her actions to reach my eyes. So I bent down giving her access to cover my eyes.

I could feel her smile getting wider. She slowly wrapped my eyes with cloth and took my hand to lead me the way. But where the hell were Maa and Baba?!
And she finally stopped walking. Bending again, I let her open the blindfold.

The sight in front of my eyes was breathtakingly beautiful. There were white curtains, glowing yellow lights and candles covered by glasses. It was our garden area.
Lemme guess! Is this a date?

DATE!

I mean Nandini wasn't comfortable with all these but what happened to her suddenly. Moreover she was ignoring me in the college. Wait, was she planning a surprise for me! Oh my god! This girl can't stop giving me shocks. I mean, sweet shocks. ;)

I turned around to see Maa and Baba approaching from one corner. I was confused. Why would they be on our date? Or am I forgetting something?

It was 7 in the evening and stars had just begun to appear. And my gaze averted from Maa Baba towards the chairs and the other setting. I looked here and there but she was no where to be seen.

Maa patted my cheek lovingly and I smiled.
"Manu, Nandini has strictly ordered me not to reveal anything, so I'm not gonna say a word. Enjoy your time. And drop her home safely." She smirked and I was hell confused by now! Ho kya raha tha?

"Nyo..don't you think you're spoiling our kid by giving him unnecessary hints eh?" He asked playfully and Maa chuckled. First of all, I'm impatient to learn about what was happening and my mom and dad were romancing in front of me. This situation can't get better!