TEN

Update 10
Word count: 1520

The morning was bright and beautiful. As soon as I got up I was flooded with messages from all the relatives and friends. And there was one contact that hadn't texted anything. Sighing, I got ready to go to the college.

I heard someone's laughter when I headed towards the dining hall. And I realised who it was.
"I hope you enjoyed the date aunty." She was smirking and Maa was blushing. Oh god! This girl has this angle too!

"Thanks beta. You actually arranged such a beautiful setup for us. And we enjoyed the date. We don't even know last, when we spent quality time with each other." Baba added. It was true. Maa was busy in her NGO works and Baba of course in the office.

"Uncle! Common don't be emotional. I'm your daughter too. So you can't thank me." She said and Baba pecked her forehead. It was a cute lovely scene.
Have these humans ever pecked my forehead like that? Ah no! They've forgotten that they have a son. Nandini ke side effects :|

I cleared my throat to gain attention but none gave. Wow! And they're my parents and this lady is the love of my life. Good choice Manik Malhotra!

I coughed hard this time to see all of them chuckling at my antiques. And then I threw myself on the couch and asked Rajesh Kaka to get me breakfast. Instead, she handed me the plate and I frowned.

There was raw rice mixed with turmeric. She asked me to get up and I did so. Calling Maa and Baba, she handed them the plate.
"Touch their feet and take blessings idiot." She scolded and I was amazed. She had the audacity to order me! Anyways, moving on...

I did so *nervous smile*.

Maa and Baba blessed me as I touched their feet. Next Nandini did the same and they hugged her. They pulled me too and that became a family hug. Bidding them bye, we moved near the car.

"What was that?" I asked as she sat on the passengers seat.
"Umm, in our South Indian culture, this is how we take blessings of our elders. This is followed in our house during my birthday." She said smiling.

"Accha Nandini, you forgot to say something." I said and she looked outside the window, blushing. I was confused. For what was she blushing?
And then I realised.

"Aree it's not about that. You texted day before that you had to talk something important." I reminded and her face fell. She felt bad I guess but she was the one who was making me wait.

"Uh yeah! My cousin brother, Abhimanyu is coming from London. He'll arrive tomorrow morning." She said.
"Oh! But what was so special about it?" I asked. I knew there was something more to the story. She had said that with abhimanyu's help, she had arranged the VISA for Cabir.

"I..I wanted..to..ask you.." She fumbled. And I stopped the car as we reached the college.
"Nandini, fast madam." I said.
"I thought..we can set up Mukti and..Abhi?" She said holding my hand.
At first I was taken aback but listening to her explain, my nerves calmed down.

"Listen, Abhi lost his parents at a very young age and he grew up with me. Amms loves him a lot. And he recently shifted to London for some property work as my family couldn't. And I guess he's perfect for Mukti. He lost his love I mean, Sadhna in an accident and has been living in that guilt for 2 years. He needs someone to heal him and it's Mukti. I know, mukti too has lost her parents and she's lonely. She has a family but it's similar to bhai's case. I guess they'll complete each other. What's say?" She ended.