FIFTEEN

Update 15
Word count: 1511

Present, 2:30 AM, Paris.

Hey there! Blown up? I was too. At that time I felt only pain, hurt, anger, frustration and nothing else. Love had left my life in seconds. The girl whom I loved so much, put me in trouble. And later blamed it on me.

To hear I love you from the girl you love is bliss, but the same girl saying I hate you, it's not less than hell. And after that, I convinced baba not to talk about it again. And Maa let me move to London. I wanted to achieve whatever I wanted. I didn't wanted to feel that hatred again.

So, coming back to my life again without her was somewhat difficult at the first, but with time, I adjusted. Baba took care of transfer certificates and I joined the same institute as Cabir. I set myself a goal this time. Not to look back. And to face every challenge. To not lose again. And to be stronger.

After the breakup, 5 years later, London.

6 AM
This is the time I get up nowadays. And even before the alarm rings. After jogging, heading straight to college, and then back to home.

Today was the day of graduation. My masters degree was going to be in my hands. Cabir and me were college mates and room mates. To add on that list, there was Smaran with us. He joined us as a roommate and later turned out to be a classmate.

Umm, there's another breaking news. Cabir finally found a girlfriend. Navya Naveli. Our homeowner's daughter and our classmate. After uncle passed away, 4 years before, Cabir never really came out of his shell. Navya made it possible and we got our old Cabiraaaa back. I'm thankful for her.

Presently, I was in my car heading to the university. I checked my phone to see 10 missed calls from Cabir. And the 11th time he called me, I put it on the speaker. I heard Navya talking and the announcement of the toppers of the 'Architecture' department, which was ours.

"3rd place it is Henry Gilbert." The announcer said.
"Chuck it. In the history of this college there's no Indian who bagged the first price!" I heard Navya say.
"Then what about my bet?" Smaran exclaimed and I rolled my eyes at him.
"2nd place goes to Richard Davidson." I heard the announcement and then I parked my car.

"That means Manik couldn't make it." Cabir said in a disappointed tone.
Smirking I sent him a message.
Challenge accepted.
I'm damn sure he must have frowned seeing the message.

"The first place goes to..Manik S Malhotra."  The announcement was made and I came running to the stage wearing my robe.
My friends hooted and clapped for me while I received the degree.
After the program, we made our way to the club to enjoy.

"Manikkkk my bhai! This is for youuu!" Smaran exclaimed drunk. I rolled my eyes at him and then took the beer. I had stopped drinking but I would take it occasionally. Cabir pushed my shoulders asking me if every thing was alright. I replied nodding.

"Manik, what next?" Navya asked sitting beside me.
"Leave that poor guy alone." Cabir said pitying me and I smacked his head.
"You deserved that for being such a good friend. And now Manik, don't divert the topic." Navya said looking towards me.

"Uh, we've a job offer. The company liked our last year project and offered to work with all of us." I said.
"Listen Manik, don't act. You suck." Cabir said taking a sip from his whiskey filled glass.
Navya raised her brows and I had to give in.