The Future Is Looking Pretty Darn Good

Chapter Thirty... The Future Is Looking Pretty Darn Good

"It's a girl!" Dr Rush announced. "Congratulations."

"A girl?" I asked, positively beaming. "Oh, my God! I need to call Cam!"

Dr Rush handed my newborn daughter to me, and she didn't look like her brothers. In fact, she looked just like Becca when she was born.

"Wow, she looks just like you, Rose," Jenna grinned.

Tears welled in my eyes.

"I wish Cam had been here to see the birth of his sons and daughter," I cried.

"The nurse taped it so he could watch, sis," Jenna told me. "She found a video camera. My video camera, actually."

"You did that for me?" I smiled, tears streaming down my face. "You're the best sister ever. Thankyou... for everything."

"I only hope that when I have a baby, you're there for me," Jenna sobbed, hugging me. "You did awesomely."

"This is the highlight of the earthquake," I sobbed tearfully. "Hurry up and get pregnant so that I can be there!"

"Maybe when everything goes back to normal," Jenna smiled, winking.

"Okay, you're not good at keeping secrets and I can see right through you," I said, looking seriously at her. "You're so pregnant, aren't you?"

"No, I'm honestly not," Jenna said, laughing.

"You can't even keep a straight face!" I laughed. Ouch, laughing hurts a bit. Guess that's what happens when you squeeze three babies out of you."

"I am... not pregnant," Jenna said firmly. "I have to go see Dane. I promised I would as soon as you had the triplets. I'll come back later, I promise," she added, smiling widely. "I'll send in mom!"

I turned to Dr Rush, who took my daughter and placed her into one of the three bassinets in the room.

"Is she lying to me?" I asked.

"I don't know," Dr Rush answered. "I think she's just messing with you, though. Sisters tend to do that."

"Yeah," I chuckled. "But... I couldn't ask for a better sister."

>>>>>

"Hello? Cam? They're here. The triplets are here!"

Cameron had rang me just ten minutes after our beautiful daughter was born. I grabbed my iPhone and handed it to mom, and she made a little video of me holding the triplets, and sent it to him.

"We have two sons and a daughter!" I added, beaming.

"Wow! I have my sons," he cried through the phone.

"And they're identical," I smiled. "They look just like you."

"Really?" he asked, sounding happy and sad at the same time. "I can't wait to meet them."

"You will," I grinned. "Soon. Our baby girl looks like Becca."

"Has Becca seen them all yet?"