12. And Baby Number Six Is?

Chapter Twelve... And Baby Number Six Is?

I was now in the twenty-second week of my pregnancy, and greatly loving it!

Becca and Noah spent a great deal of time together, with Noah quite often sleeping over. And she would go there. They would stay up half the night but then complain they were tired the next day. It was hard to chase them off to bed because they would get back up! Usually the other four kids would stay up, too. Most of the time, it was the boys.

Noah's sister Alecia was friends with Addy, so sometimes she would stay over too. It was good to see my kids so happy.

"Bec!" I called one morning from the kitchen. It was a Monday, and the kids all had school. I had a doctor's appointment, so Cameron would take his lunch break when my appointment was so that he could come with me.

"Mom, I'm watching TV!" Becca wailed as she walked into the kitchen.

"Well, you missed two questions on your math homework," I told her. "Do them, and you can go back to watching TV."

"Fine," she groaned, slumping into the chair at the table. A few minutes later, she finished ans skipped back to the living room.

"Mommy, I don't feel so good," Lily mumbled, wandering into the kitchen.

"Where do you feel sick, baby?" I asked her.

"In my tummy," she whispered.

"Oh, that's no good," I said, picking her up and hugging her. "Have some water. That might make you feel better."

"Okay," she mumbled, and she quickly drank the water.

Lily went back to the living room, but a minute later the other four kids came running out of the room squealing. Lily had been sick all over the lounge.

"Oh, damn," I gasped. "Lil? You alright?"

"Icky..." she cried.

"Damn," I said again. "Uh, how about you kids all go get your school bags, and I'll go see if Mrs Nale next door can watch Lily while I take you guys to school."

When we were stuck for a babysitter, the lady next door was an ex-childcare worker who had on occasion babysat the kids if I'd had something like a doctor's appointment, or if one of the kids were sick. I always felt guilty asking her, but she occasionally would offer, too. Usually she only had one at a time, but once babysat the triplets for me.

The boys hassled the life out of her, but she surprisingly didn't break. Strong woman...

Mrs Nale came over and watched Lily as I took the other four kids to school. When I returned home, Lily was in bed, sound asleep.

"How is she?" I asked.

"She crashed out pretty easily," she answered. "Poor little darling. She was sick again, this time making it to the toilet."

"Thanks for watching her, Annette," I smiled weakly.

"Hey, it's my pleasure!" she grinned. "I had three kids. They all have kids of their own now, and I love babysitting my grandkids. Just wait until your little ones are all grown up."