8. Number Six

Chapter Eight... Number Six

It had been a month now since Amelia had shown up on our doorstep.

Luckily for us, she hadn't returned. And I'd like to think that my punch sent the right message to her: Don't mess with me or my family. And don't try and split me and my husband up.

"So are you sure you don't mind babysitting again, Ally?" I asked Alison Trinket, my nightmare's little sister. Alison and I had been friends for the last month, and she made regular trips to Crystaltown whenever she wanted.

"I offered, Rose," Alison smiled. "You and Cam never get any time alone. And you need that. So I will stay here while you and your husband go out for dinner."

"You sure?" I asked again.

"Yes, Rose!" she insisted. "Now go and get ready, okay? Cam will be waiting for you when he gets home if you take too long."

"Okay, well the kids are all... everywhere," I sighed. "Uh, Bec's reading in her room, Addy's painting, Lily's drawing... the boys were watching some movie..."

"They will be fine," she grinned. "Go! Get ready! Stun your husband! And have a glass of champagne while you're at it," she added, chuckling.

I hurried excitedly upstairs, pulling out all of my favourite dresses. I walked into our large ensuite and jumped in the shower. It was nice that now we had a babysitter and I wasn't working anymore, Cameron and I had more time together. Before it was we would see each other as he headed off to work, and I headed off to school... as he got home from work, and I was leaving to start work. And then by the time I'd get home, Cameron and the five kids would all be sound asleep.

I was actually excited for a romantic dinner and night out with the best husband in the world.

Once I was ready, I skipped (yes, skipped) downstairs. Alison was sitting with all five kids in the living room, and her mouth fell open.

"Wow, Rose!" she gasped. "You look amazing!"

"Thanks," I said shyly.

"Mom, you look pretty," Becca grinned.

"Thanks, Bec," I smiled.

"You excited?" Alison asked.

"Extremely," I grinned. "It's been so long since I've been out to dinner... well, with just Cam. It's weird, actually. But I can't wait."

I heard Cameron's heavy footsteps enter the room, and I turned in surprise. I didn't know that Cameron was home...

"You look... God, I love you," Cameron grinned.

"How long have you been home?" I asked.

"About twenty minutes," he chuckled. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yes!" I grinned, running up and jumping into Cameron's arms. "I'm excited! We haven't had a night out that's just the two of us in so long!"

"I'm excited too," he smiled. "And I made reservations. So let's go... Ally and the kids are gonna have pizza and movies."

"Pizza?" I asked. "Sure, that's a great idea. Oh, and if you go to the video store... keep Becca away from the horror movies she keeps asking to watch."