Chapter 2

I didn't notice it until I saw the church. I was overwhelmed with a boiling hatred that made me wonder - what was I willing to do? What was I willing to go through to reach the end? How much more pain must I endure.

As much as my heart can take, till my mind breaks.

This was all for knowledge and now... now it has gotten personal. But I can not do this alone and for this to happen I have to force a summon. Is that possible? No. Theoretically, it shouldn't be. I am at the end of my wit and doing the impossible is the only thing keeping me alive.

I strengthen my entire body as I glance down at the five glowing gems. I will be using all of them if need be... but I will refrain from using my reality marble the way I did, I don't stand a chance against any of the servants and would be dead within mere seconds.

But I can kill Magi.

Leading my own charge towards the church, it seems like I am being expected and as expected being greeted appropriately as the VIP. Sidestepping and bypassing the Earth magic being used to slow me down I pass by the three casting these spells.

Shifting the terrain from underneath me and creating pillars of both dirt and stone to launch at me.

Hitting one of them in the chest, he stumbles backward clutching at his chest as he coughs up blood. Slamming the other in the face I crack his skull. Ignoring the other, I burst down the doors of the church.

I lower the hood as I smirk at the ten Magi facing me with stern gazes.

"Your 'heroes' won't be here to back you up this time."

One of them counter, "You were the one running away from us. Now you walked right into the home of your enemies."

I clench my fist, giving them a wicked smile, "I had people to save. Now that I don't have that limitation... I am ready to destroy the church and everyone in it. Immolate."

They all are set on fire, six of them were quickly enveloped by the flames as the other four either absorbed the flame or stopped it before it could spread too quickly. Hoping that it would keep them busy I leap over them to try and run past them.

I don't want anything but the catalysts they hide in this damned church. A stone wall blocks my path but not able to stop my momentum I turned so that my shoulder would crash into it. Bursting through the rubble I skid in the hall.

I lift my arm as I land on my knees to raise a wall of flame, then grit my teeth as I lift myself to my feet. Running at full speed I am stopped by a mage using fortifications. Grabbing me by the arm he twists it behind my back.

Creating a fireball in my palms exploding into his chest he loosens his grip on me. I spin around kicking him in the stomach and then tossing him into the wall. Fighting back he swings for my core only for the fortification to absorb the shock.

A front and back barrage as we trade punches and kicks. I grapple him, forcing him into the ground I bash his head into the ground until he stopped moving. More Magi rush towards me.

"Get off of me!" I slam the floor with my hand creating a shockwave of flame that spreads around me and covering the halls with flame.

I lift my head only to see the halls are filled with burning corpses. I lift myself to my feet, as the woodwork in the building is burning down. I step into the room I was looking for. Looking around I take the nearest artifact and with the flagpole, in hand, I blast an opening through the wall.

Dropping to the ground before I could run I am faced yet again with the same smirk.

"That won't work, Magus."